Anybody Paint Their Cast Aluminum Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jusdach

Reaction score
I finally placed my order yesterday on a new build Gen2!! Took nearly 3 months but finally found a dealer to sell me at MSRP. I went with the cast aluminum wheels on my Magnetic (don't believe the BL's are available anyway) and will likely have them painted satin black shortly after I take delivery.

Anybody else paint their cast aluminum wheels yet? If so, any images?

Thanks

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was all set to powder coat mine, until I looked into it more. I found a few styles of Method wheels that I like for between $1000 and $1200 and will accept the stock tires. I believe the stock wheels will sell for around $700, so the changeover cost is only around $300 to $500. Powder coating is likely to run $500 or more, so there's no price advantage. The aftermarket wheels are also stronger and lighter, plus the guys I know with powder coated wheels are always worried about them getting scratched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was all set to powder coat mine, until I looked into it more. I found a few styles of Method wheels that I like for between $1000 and $1200 and will accept the stock tires. I believe the stock wheels will sell for around $700, so the changeover cost is only around $300 to $500. Powder coating is likely to run $500 or more, so there's no price advantage. The aftermarket wheels are also stronger and lighter, plus the guys I know with powder coated wheels are always worried about them getting scratched.

This is exactly where I am at. I hate the standard wheels and the eBay seller for the bead lock wheels keeps jacking the prices up. I might still hate the standard wheels even if I powder coat them so I am thinking about just going with methods for A nominal price.

Jackie

Reaction score

Best place to sell the stock wheels? Local? Craigslist?

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best place to sell the stock wheels? Local? Craigslist?

I was planning to put them on Craigslist. I'm sure you could sell them easily enough on eBay too, I'm just not an eBay fan.

OP
OP
jusdach

jusdach

Reaction score
That looks a lot better than stock. I thought about going the plasti dip route but wasn't sure it'd hold up.