Any rubbing with 0 offset wheels and 35" tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made the mistake of getting 1mm offset wheels with 37" tires, and I am driving myself crazy making multi point turns when parking to avoid rubbing. This has me seriously thinking about going back to stock wheels and tires. I have trimmed some plastic off the inner wheel well, but in order to totally provide sufficient clearance, I would have to cut into metal and I'm not about to hack up a brand new truck like that. I am wondering though if I may be able to eliminate the rubbing if I go down to a 35" tire instead. Can anyone with zero offset and 35" tires confirm there is no rubbing lock to lock?

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I made the mistake of getting 1mm offset wheels with 37" tires, and I am driving myself crazy making multi point turns when parking to avoid rubbing. This has me seriously thinking about going back to stock wheels and tires. I have trimmed some plastic off the inner wheel well, but in order to totally provide sufficient clearance, I would have to cut into metal and I'm not about to hack up a brand new truck like that. I am wondering though if I may be able to eliminate the rubbing if I go down to a 35" tire instead. Can anyone with zero offset and 35" tires confirm there is no rubbing lock to lock?
Would spacers help?

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would spacers help?

No, spacers would take me further away from the direction I would need to go. If my wheels had a less aggressive offset, it would help, but at this point I don't know even if stock offset would suffice. I don't know of anyone who has 37" tires on stock wheels who can verify tho.

khahn73

Reaction score
Stock tires with Method 0 offset wheels rubbed slightly on both sides until I installed RPG's 1.5" lift. Now it only rubs if I hit a big bump while at full lock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard of any 37" that won't need trimming.
Exactly the reason I stayed with stock tires and Fuel 17" that have a small offset of .5, as I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have Toyo M/T 35x12.50R20 on 20x9 +1mm offset (so basically 0) and the rub slightly at full lock. Doesn't bother me at all and it's only a tiny bit of plastic that could be trimmed easily. I have 1.5" RPG Collars.

I like my setup a lot.

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rubbing with Method Roost & stock BFGs. Have not trimmed yet waiting for some front options.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
1mm offset w/37's...drivin' me crazy making multi-point turns to avoid rubbin'.
To provide clearance, I'd have to cut into metal.
here ya go, moron :lol:
1_image_2_6b40197cf5cc94b585d09ec2c45c0f1bd30f09c3.jpg
IMG_2403_zpssg3lp4vm.jpg

Attachments

• r.jpg
    r.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3620.jpg
    IMG_3620.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited: