Any info on tinting the taillights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olsen185

Reaction score
I should finally be able to pick up my 18 screw on Friday, my trade in is still broken at a different dealership (2017 Ram Rebel). I saw a picture a few days ago of a gen 2 with tinted taillights and it looked great. On my previous trucks I used the spray taillight tint with great success. I know there are sensors in our taillights, is there anything in there that will be effected by spray or film tint?

Also if anyone has a picture I’d love to see it.

Thanks
Erik

Attachments

• 98D6EB14-8686-4F8D-A4CE-232F481A1403.jpg
    98D6EB14-8686-4F8D-A4CE-232F481A1403.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 87

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should finally be able to pick up my 18 screw on Friday, my trade in is still broken at a different dealership (2017 Ram Rebel). I saw a picture a few days ago of a gen 2 with tinted taillights and it looked great. On my previous trucks I used the spray taillight tint with great success. I know there are sensors in our taillights, is there anything in there that will be effected by spray or film tint?

Also if anyone has a picture I’d love to see it.

Thanks

Erik

This is what I’ve seen and it looks badass . I sent the guy a message and he said the tint did not effect his radar and blindspot systems

a1a72789e79ad108b0e4fe968edbd4c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Olsen185

Olsen185

Reaction score
This is what I’ve seen and it looks badass . I sent the guy a message and he said the tint did not effect his radar and blindspot systems

a1a72789e79ad108b0e4fe968edbd4c9.jpg

That’s not the one I saw, but that looks great! Probably a little darker then I plan to go, but good to know that it doesn’t interfere with the electronics

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
please dont make the ONLY way to notify people behind you that you are slowing down harder to recognize or see.

**** and derp all the way down the road lol.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
please dont make the ONLY way to notify people behind you that you are slowing down harder to recognize or see.

**** and derp all the way down the road lol.

Pretty sure the tint doesn’t cover where the red light comes out in the pic but I’m not sure about the blinker

Edit: ... Actually I may be wrong on this

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure the tint doesn’t cover where the red light comes out in the pic but I’m not sure about the blinker

Edit: ... Actually I may be wrong on this

yea you are 100% wrong lol.
you are making it harder for people to see when you are braking hands down. no way to justify it.

its super ****** to other people on the road and every time i see someone with tinted tailights i make sure to follow them to starbucks and let all the air out of their tires while they are getting a mocha chocka ********, and a non fat greek yogurt muffin.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score

you are making it harder for people to see when you are braking hands down. no way to justify it.

its super ****** to other people on the road and every time i see someone with tinted tailights i make sure to follow them to starbucks and let all the air out of their tires while they are getting a mocha chocka ********, and a non fat greek yogurt muffin.

I’m a Tim’s guy so I’m glad I won’t have to worry about that [emoji23]

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This x eleventybillion. At least it's easier to spot the douchenozzles... And when you get rear ended - it will be your fault for darkening your tail lights. :facepalm: And it's illegal.

OP
OP
Olsen185

Olsen185

Reaction score
Did you guys mis-read my post? I wasn’t asking for your opinions, just facts about wether the tint would effect the electronics.