"Always Dry" ceramic coating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone use always dry ceramic coating (their pro version). They opened a corporate franchise down near me and are running a promo for $600. He says 1 cost is 5-6 microns thick and includes wheels (inside and out), body and glass coating as well of some sort. My regular detailed offered ceramic first to me with cquartz products, but not able to get their "cquartz finest". $500 from him, 3-4 coats. So confused. I e also read that we will get a better gloss using regular higher end wax as usual due to its oil properties.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone use always dry ceramic coating (their pro version). They opened a corporate franchise down near me and are running a promo for $600. He says 1 cost is 5-6 microns thick and includes wheels (inside and out), body and glass coating as well of some sort. My regular detailed offered ceramic first to me with cquartz products, but not able to get their "cquartz finest". $500 from him, 3-4 coats. So confused. I e also read that we will get a better gloss using regular higher end wax as usual due to its oil properties.

I am a professional detailer in SoCal and I haven't heard of that brand of coating before. CQuartz Finest is only offered by detailers who have met the requirements to become a Finest installer. If your detailer offered you CQuartz Classic or CQuartz UK go with those. They will work for you just fine. FYI, $500 for 3-4 coats of CQuartz is a good deal. If you get your truck coated with CQuartz buy Car Pro's Reload sealant and apply that over the top of your coating every couple of months and it will look better than any wax you have used in the past. Some of the products on the market are truly amazing. Most professionals are moving away from wax and are moving towards coatings/sealants for their durability and they are matching the appearance of even the best waxes.

ldhacker

Reaction score
Are you familiar with Gtechniq Crystal Serum.
All the detail guys have switched from Cquarts to Gtechniq in my area. I have it on 3 different cars. I love it better than the one I have Cquarts on.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you familiar with Gtechniq Crystal Serum.
All the detail guys have switched from Cquarts to Gtechniq in my area. I have it on 3 different cars. I love it better than the one I have Cquarts on.

Gtechniq Crystal Serum is HUGE in the UK. Not so much over here. It is slowly becoming more common though. Ease of application and longevity seem to be what has some guys switching. I personally don't have any complaints about CQuartz.