AG VS. Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJT123

Reaction score
I wanted to get your opinion on which exterior color? I have ordered AG, and saw one on the street yesterday. It looked nice, however I still like the black as well. Yes it is a bear to keep clean (must also take extra steps to prevent scratching when washing, etc.) however it does look so nice when it is clean. Some folks say there is a lack of contrast since the trim pieces sort of blend in, however aren't the fender trim pieces more of a gun metal, so I would indeed get some contrast in those areas. Yes, the AG is the new color, however I am not a huge gray fan, and from the looks of the one I saw on the road yesterday, it was a grayish blueish color, just didn't make me want to do flips over it. Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion: AG all the way. I like how the color appears different depending on the lighting.

fidds22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+2 for the AG. Not only is it an awesome colour, so far only raptor owners and certain mustang owners can get the color. Exclusive is awesome. Anybody can get black.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the color black and have had many black vehicles throughout the years. I went with an Oxford white when I ordered my 12 raptor and I loved it and I went with AG when I ordered my 17 and I definitely love the new color. It's very different and looks different all the time with the way the light hits it. This is just my personal opinion so please take it for what it's worth and trust me I love all of the black Raptors that I've seen posted on here but when I'm out driving and I see a black Raptor coming towards me I hardly notice it because of the all black. It all just kind of blends in together and at first glance looks like an a regular F-150 to me. Just my 2 cents so please no hating on me :)

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 14 SE was Black, I now have AG and couldn't be happier. Black seems to be the "common" color. Typically when I see another Raptor, its black.
While I agree they look amazing when clean, it doesn't beat the AG as the color is always different depending on what time of day it is.

MRxGREEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get your opinion on which exterior color? I have ordered AG, and saw one on the street yesterday. It looked nice, however I still like the black as well. Yes it is a bear to keep clean (must also take extra steps to prevent scratching when washing, etc.) however it does look so nice when it is clean. Some folks say there is a lack of contrast since the trim pieces sort of blend in, however aren't the fender trim pieces more of a gun metal, so I would indeed get some contrast in those areas. Yes, the AG is the new color, however I am not a huge gray fan, and from the looks of the one I saw on the road yesterday, it was a grayish blueish color, just didn't make me want to do flips over it. Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

I feel like everyone is getting AG since it's new/exclusive. I bet we see a lot on the road in the future. Black isn't any less common, but I personally think the black looks sharper than AG on the Raptor. I would guess Ruby and Magnetic are rarer than AG or Black.

krock77

Reaction score
Get one of each [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20170130_213205.jpg
    20170130_213205.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 130