Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheels are about 6 lbs heavier than stock. The tire is about 15 lbs heavier.
The rotational mass increase plays a significant role on how much power it takes to get the wheels moving. Was getting 17.7 combined (CAI and free flowing muffler helped), now closer to 17.1. However, I am already thinking of another mod to kick it back up. Muhahaha!

VRock VR-10 recoil 18x9.5, 6x135, 89.1, +15;
BTW 17s don't fit over brake caliper. (ask me how I know):)

Gotcha. That makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkgreyf150

Reaction score
The wheels are about 6 lbs heavier than stock. The tire is about 15 lbs heavier.
The rotational mass increase plays a significant role on how much power it takes to get the wheels moving. Was getting 17.7 combined (CAI and free flowing muffler helped), now closer to 17.1. However, I am already thinking of another mod to kick it back up. Muhahaha!

Typically an extra 20+ pounds and more rotational mass equates to a much more significant drop than .5 mpg. Different driving types may have played a roll though

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically an extra 20+ pounds and more rotational mass equates to a much more significant drop than .5 mpg. Different driving types may have played a roll though

Might be a stupid question but if you start adding wheel weight dont you, at some point, begin to exceed the braking capabilities that were engineered into the stock caliper sizes & stock wheel weights? I have no idea at what point that would be but it just seems, logically, you would exceed or deteriorate your brakes abilities if you reach some added weight threshold.

Thoughts?

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question but if you start adding wheel weight dont you, at some point, begin to exceed the braking capabilities that were engineered into the stock caliper sizes & stock wheel weights? I have no idea at what point that would be but it just seems, logically, you would exceed or deteriorate your brakes abilities if you reach some added weight threshold.

Thoughts?

Increased rotating mass does affect your brakes. Ford likely has a large safety margin built in. Same brakes on the Platinum and they run heavy 22's. No idea how that wheel/tire package compares weight wise to the Raptor. Myself I will be changing to a lighter weight forged wheel to shave weight.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Myself I will be changing to a lighter weight forged wheel to shave weight.

Have you heard about Innov8's new non beadlock wheel? They have non beadlock forgings due in about 4-6 weeks. I don't know the exact weight yet but they should be pretty light being forged without a fake beadlock. They'll be hub centric and use an optional billet cap. Specs will be 17x8.5 +06 or -6. I think I'm ordering a set for my truck in full machined. They're one of the better priced forged wheels I've priced.

Attachments

• Innov8.jpg
    Innov8.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Innov8 1.png
    Innov8 1.png
    297.8 KB · Views: 1,347

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Have you heard about Innov8's new non beadlock wheel? They have non beadlock forgings due in about 4-6 weeks. I don't know the exact weight yet but they should be pretty light being forged without a fake beadlock. They'll be hub centric and use an optional billet cap. Specs will be 17x8.5 +06 or -6. I think I'm ordering a set for my truck in full machined. They're one of the better priced forged wheels I've priced.

Those are awesome! Nice simple clean design. Assuming they will have other colors available?

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Well I thought I had finally decided on a wheel and now you just bumped it off the top of the list. These are bad ass.

Please put me on a list for these. Thinking either the black anodized or matte black powder....

How much do they, if any, stick out past stock?

Pricing?

Thanks man

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KMC Holeshots 17x9 -12et no leveling yet minor rubbing at full lock.

ef71f08a50a21ac9eaf6b5e12c1ab84f.jpg

7dfcd60965691713267c41a1820339dc.jpg

ab812899e4fc6f9a8d0bd3a861e8a2d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk