Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that ( 25x12.5x17) the same size as the factory tire?

I'm tweaked about the factory wheel being polished, so if the factory tire is big enough to look that good, may have to take the wheel plunge!

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that ( 25x12.5x17) the same size as the factory tire?
Almost...
The factory BFG's are 315/70/17 - 34.4"x12.7" and weigh 65 lbs.
The Toyo RT 35x12.5x17 are 34.8"x12.5" and weigh 74 lbs.

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! In other words, not a enough difference appearance wise to shelve the brand new factory tires based on simply how they would look mounted on that wheel. The KMC holeshot wheel looks pretty sharp, too.

At the risk of being shamed, I don't live in the desert and will not be entering production spec baja races. It's gonna be a mountain bike transport'n, beer run'n, kids haul'n, car pool'n, occasional dirt road'n, boys week'n'n , daddy fun'n -truck so don't need a tire that rips the earth's crust up by the roots, but should look appropriately as though it could. How's that for candor?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Toyo's would be a good choice for you. Actual desert racers run the earth crust ripping non-dot toyos. The street legal toyos that we have on our truck have great road manners & are quiet. Great all around tire for what you use your truck for.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea those are slick, must be new, new. can't find a picture of them on anything or a straight on shot to shop them on a Raptor.

Haven't shipped yet. Method said probably December.

Go to their website. They have pics there that are straight on. Would love to see a side by side of this and the roost if you got the skillz

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at some wheels but icon customer service is terrible on returning emails etc will I be ok with 6mm offset on full compression with these? 17 X 8.5BLK6 X 135MM5"6MMoffset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I've been looking at some wheels but icon customer service is terrible on returning emails etc will I be ok with 6mm offset on full compression with these? 17 X 8.5BLK6 X 135MM5"6MMoffset

I ordered 6 ICON Shields over the weekend, waiting for them to arrive. Agree, I haven't gotten any of my emails to Dylan answered back for weeks. Perhaps due to SEMA.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes, this is between stock and Method wheel sizes. Not an issue. I love how my shield wheels still look clean even though my truck is filthy.
b2334a31e11ce322d178c82bbd8d59db.jpg
4374f108b37261ac03150be6e5fd90f4.jpg

Last edited: