GEN 2 Aftermarket Wheel Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMRaptor

Reaction score
Hey all- I searched some old threads, but did not find the info I was looking for. I have zero experience with wheel offset/backspacing. Only learning as I read.

Looking to put some aftermarket wheels on my new Gen2 Raptor. Thinking of going with the XD Chopstix 20x10 -24mm offset w/ Nitto 35x12.5x20's. I like the beefy look of the wider rims and tires. 12" rims stick out WAY too far-form the trucks I've seen, the 20x10's seem like what I'm looking for.

Anyone have experience with this set up? Will it work? I dont want any tire rub under my fenders when I'm running over Prius' :ROFLJest:

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all- I searched some old threads, but did not find the info I was looking for. I have zero experience with wheel offset/backspacing. Only learning as I read.

Looking to put some aftermarket wheels on my new Gen2 Raptor. Thinking of going with the XD Chopstix 20x10 -24mm offset w/ Nitto 35x12.5x20's. I like the beefy look of the wider rims and tires. 12" rims stick out WAY too far-form the trucks I've seen, the 20x10's seem like what I'm looking for.

Anyone have experience with this set up? Will it work? I dont want any tire rub under my fenders when I'm running over Prius' :ROFLJest:
Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit helps to see. i'm sure customwheels guy on here knows.
this thread has a ton of pics and think your choice is in there somewhere
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f264/aftermarket-wheels-50384/
maybe a 2.5" wider on each side if somebody can check my math, might even be 3"

Last edited:

chi_weezy

Reaction score
20x10 -24mm??? They would stick out a ton. About 1.75 inches farther than mine do. Mine are 18x9+6 and are more aggressive than most. Don't do it. Will look like a chump in almost everybodys opinion. And you'll be kicking up a ton of rocks on your mexi ride

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The 10's will rub for sure. Even with leveling they still rub. You would have to do some trimming. Here is a customer of ours that did the setup you mentioned.

20x9 +00 is the most aggressive I'd go. The 20x9 +00 still requires leveling to avoid rubbing.

Attachments

• D251 Nutz 1.jpg
    D251 Nutz 1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 129
  • D251 Nutz 3.jpg
    D251 Nutz 3.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 130
OP
OP
S

SMRaptor

Reaction score
20x10 -24mm??? They would stick out a ton. About 1.75 inches farther than mine do. Mine are 18x9+6 and are more aggressive than most. Don't do it. Will look like a chump in almost everybodys opinion. And you'll be kicking up a ton of rocks on your mexi ride

Thanks for the input! This is exactly what I don't want it to look like. Thinking of sticking with some method con6's (17x8.5) +0 offset. I like the wide stance look, but definitely don't want it to look like some hood ghetto truck

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! This is exactly what I don't want it to look like. Thinking of sticking with some method con6's (17x8.5) +0 offset. I like the wide stance look, but definitely don't want it to look like some hood ghetto truck

Another thing to keep in mind, depending upon which state you happen to live in or travel thru, there are traffic laws prohibiting tires extending beyond fender wells. Stick those tires out too far and you may be waving the proverbial red flag in front of the bull (or trooper as the case may be)!