Aftermarket Bumpers and Technology Package (Adaptive Cruise/Collision/etc)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
We have 1000s of miles of testing on our ACC bracket & it works best at the top of the grille. Sure you can mount it in other locations, but thats where it works best.

As mentioned earlier, the ACC module will not read through steel or aluminum skidplates (bumpers). I have seen a few companies incorporate the module into the face of aftermarket bumpers & it does not look good. Looks super out of place.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any others that have them relocated, post up pics please. More detailed pics of brackets, where ya mounted, any faults in that location etc would be great

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have 1000s of miles of testing on our ACC bracket & it works best at the top of the grille. Sure you can mount it in other locations, but thats where it works best.

As mentioned earlier, the ACC module will not read through steel or aluminum skidplates (bumpers). I have seen a few companies incorporate the module into the face of aftermarket bumpers & it does not look good. Looks super out of place.

When you install the ACC relocation bracket does it work or does it need to be recalibrate at a dealer after it's unplugged? Thinking seriously about the Stealth Fighter bumper in the near future.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Please don't take offense to this but I've seen three of your relocation kits and it's the first thing I lock on to when I walk up to the truck. It's off centered and clearly visible behind the grill. While I agree, the function is much more important than the look. There has to be another way to mount it. Maybe in the bumper but with a powder coated plastic cover. I do love the look of your stealth fighter it is absolutely the ****. I don't like any bumper as much as yours. The only reason I haven't bought one from you yet is the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLI62

Reaction score
I went ahead and pulled the trigger today on the ADD bumper. Found a shop local to me here in Tampa that is an ADD dealer and they're going to order it for me on Monday and do the subsequent install. By coincidence knew the kid that helped me at the shop and he assured me they've done them before.

I didn't want to come off like I was taking a dump on ADD. My primary concern was the actual installation of the bumper and getting the ACC part of it right. I live in the land of DONKS, Brodozers, and Jeeps. Finding a competent shop for this kind of install - on this kind of truck - was again my main worry. In any event, next to new wheels the ADD bumper was the next most important mod on my list. Thinking about the rear bumper now too.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and pulled the trigger today on the ADD bumper. Found a shop local to me here in Tampa that is an ADD dealer and they're going to order it for me on Monday and do the subsequent install. By coincidence knew the kid that helped me at the shop and he assured me they've done them before.

I didn't want to come off like I was taking a dump on ADD. My primary concern was the actual installation of the bumper and getting the ACC part of it right. I live in the land of DONKS, Brodozers, and Jeeps. Finding a competent shop for this kind of install - on this kind of truck - was again my main worry. In any event, next to new wheels the ADD bumper was the next most important mod on my list. Thinking about the rear bumper now too.

I'm in Tampa once a month for work. I'd love to see this complete if that would be ok? I'll buy you lunch or a beer for the trouble. My wheels should be in 4 weeks or less now. Can't wait either.

OLI62

Reaction score
I'm in Tampa once a month for work. I'd love to see this complete if that would be ok? I'll buy you lunch or a beer for the trouble. My wheels should be in 4 weeks or less now. Can't wait either.

Jayrod, sounds like a plan. I'll message you and let you know what they tell me Monday about when I can expect the bumper.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I have seen a few companies incorporate the module into the face of aftermarket bumpers & it does not look good. Looks super out of place.

Out of pure curiosity, can you post up any pictures or links to said bumpers? I already have an aftermarket bumper, so not looking at buying a different one, but I'd like to see what that would actually look like...

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out of pure curiosity, can you post up any pictures or links to said bumpers? I already have an aftermarket bumper, so not looking at buying a different one, but I'd like to see what that would actually look like...

People complain about the way it looks behind the grill but you can't hide it behind metal so if it's mounted on the bumper it'll be more obvious than behind the grill.

3109a9b627588e4bbc99028f3e94a680.jpg
dd8d660d9807c5ba848e4b51d2791c02.jpg
a7d7572f2faad75679671aa103dd1313.jpg
67b5172f8aa1e5d3ebdd99b597bdf611.jpg
d9448c026e31ad47f61ef449e917e0b3.jpg

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Aside from the ugly bumper (not mine), it's not that obvious or ugly behind the grill and it works flawlessly.

9a1e4d3f8006d698942c674f0d6686e3.jpg
11d2a2991436d79de312a276b37ed273.jpg
6abc620ef7bbdea0cedc8a20bccc948c.jpg

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk