Aftermarket Bumpers and Technology Package (Adaptive Cruise/Collision/etc)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd ping this thread... With more time/info, can we confirm what systems the sensor pad behind the bumperette works with? Collision Warning, adaptive cruise, lane keeping etc? Any other sensors in the rear?

7ZNeGHV_zps2lymxcps.png

Mostly curious about placement others have used when relocating this sensor... I temporarily zipped to grill. If it worked there, I was going to make a bracket. Since grill is angled, it was a bit sensitive to left side vehicles, but still worked. Planned to shim it more correctly facing forward, but after replacing the rear bumper a couple days later, could be entirely coincidental, I've been getting "collision warning not available" after each startup. Not aware of any rear sensors (aside form parking sensors, which i may need to recheck...), but thinking I may just need to unplug it and ditch the system entirely if it will continually need to be tweaked.

EF2D629D-6A3B-4282-A7A5-E4FE6D268632_zps4385n5tn.jpg

0251A7B4-7E2C-4E75-BA86-D1A2A9A4AC6F_zpsawtb6awr.jpg

E14B49E5-8B2E-45CA-8B8C-1CCBEDDF0399_zpst70ypniw.jpg

Anyone else have images how their sensor is relocated/mounted? @ADD? Was on the fence of adding the technology package for this reason, but hoped the relocation would suffice. I may now just have to accept i have a $2k auto hi-beam and auto wiper package ;)

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine yesterday in about an hour...minus trying to fin a E6 torx socket. Needless to say, I returned that today!

9a3b30a6520625a742ab9b68bc163dad.jpgd3e7a9f5ea7073d07fd6da337949a47d.jpg860faddb5509c3f742bbc393ef2cc586.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what it's worth I had to replace my Adaptive Cruise Control Radar ($580 from a dealer) and I plugged the new one in and it still did not work. The dealership had to use IDS to 'Calibrate' it.

PS: This radar is for the Adaptive Cruise Control and the Collision Avoidance. The Lane Assist is in the camera behind the rearview mirror. The taillights provide the radar for the BLIS blind spot monitoring and the cross traffic alert.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI- if you unplug the adaptive cruise control module completely, your regular cruise control will not work either (along with the front collision detection feature)..

OLI62

Reaction score
Is anybody making a bumper yet with the ACC integrated into it without having to relocate it?

I really wanted the ADD Stealth but hate the idea of having to pull the grill and relocate the ACC.

Last edited:

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anybody making a bumper yet with the ACC integrated into it without having to relocate it?

I really wanted the ADD Stealth but hate the idea of have to pull the grill and relocate the ACC.

Was thinking the same thing.

Grayden

Reaction score

I really wanted the ADD Stealth but hate the idea of have to pull the grill and relocate the ACC.

DITTO this is whats keeping me from purchasing one also.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The issue is it will not sense through a mettle bumper. Honestly, pulling grill was no trick at all. Like 10 push pins, 6 or so bolts and popping the light surrounds off. The only bitch of it was having to find a e6 socket local to pull studs in the ACC sensor. Took me 45 min from start to finish less the hour I spent driving around trying to find that socket.

OLI62

Reaction score
The issue is it will not sense through a mettle bumper. Honestly, pulling grill was no trick at all. Like 10 push pins, 6 or so bolts and popping the light surrounds off. The only bitch of it was having to find a e6 socket local to pull studs in the ACC sensor. Took me 45 min from start to finish less the hour I spent driving around trying to find that socket.

I hear you kdub. Unfortunately my skills turning a wrench are akin to watching two monkey's trying to f%#k a football, lol.