Aftermarket Bumpers and Technology Package (Adaptive Cruise/Collision/etc)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Technology Package is a $2k option, and since i'm likely going to aftermarket bumpers early on curious if i should remove this package, or if the sensors can be easily relocated/retofitted? The tech package includes adaptive cruise, collision avoidance and lane departure...

Anyone familiar with the current 15+ F series aware of how many sensors that includes?

I know of just the module behind the front bumperette, and the rear parking sensors. I did not notice the more common ford side sensors mounted on fenders on the truck at the show, or pics elsewhere

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aren't some of the radar devices actually in the rear turn signal bezel - for the lane departure stuff anyway?

I'm pretty sure the front radar device is easily relocated.....

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be excellent if some sensors were embedded in headlights, the less things to alter the better. On other cars the adaptive system comprised of a glass looking sphere eye, which i haven't seen in any photos. Just found a module that hides behind the bumperette, and curious if this could function the same behind aluminum or steel?

A year ago I wouldn't have considered keeping the option, but my current car has it and while i do find it annoying it has potentially saved me a time or two so far. Avoiding one accident would make this $2k option worthwhile in my eyes

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Confirmed, ADD has a relocation bracket for the ACC trucks. Assuming it moves it up behind the body valance/lip (plastic).

Assume remaining sensors are within the headlights and tail lights, guessing those will not be cheap replacements for the minor tree taps ;)

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I believe the adaptive cruise is located behind the rearview mirror. What sensors are in the bumper? Doesn't look like any in the pics I've seen. I will say you can see the camera behind the mirror in some of them.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the adaptive cruise is located behind the rearview mirror. What sensors are in the bumper? Doesn't look like any in the pics I've seen. I will say you can see the camera behind the mirror in some of them.

Proximity sensors mainly for parking. I dont think the Raptor even has front proximity sensors now that I go back and look.

But the adaptive cruise, auto high-low, and rain sensor is usually behind the rearview like you stated.

Last edited:

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is lane change?
I second the adaptive cruise is cool. Had is on a car years ago I used it

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what is lane change?
I second the adaptive cruise is cool. Had is on a car years ago I used it

Lane-keeping system Available lane-keeping is designed to help prevent a driver from drifting outside of the intended driving lane. The system automatically detects the left- or right-hand road lane markings using a camera mounted between the windshield and interior rearview mirror. A vibration in the steering wheel is used to alert the driver. The system can also provide steering torque to help guide the vehicle back into the lane if needed