Added tailgate applique!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I realized that I forgot to order the applique, I was upset! Then when I found out I needed a new tailgate to add the applique, I was pissed! :mad: But after seeing others 'glue theirs on, I did the same thing!

The dealer did it for me. Applique cost, $525...labor $135. Not a bad deal and it looks amazing! So glad I did it!

66dfba5a-1d89-4df8-90a6-bd2b7470521f_zpsfam3mjbo.jpg

da13fcfa-43f4-47c1-bc16-8a1c26b73476_zpslpittexg.jpg

Thanks!
~Matt

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Essentially yes, they glued it on. They used two part epoxy like they would use for body panels. It's on like cement! Can't imagine it ever coming off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty good to me. Nice and flush. Beats buying a new tailgate and not to mention having it painted, worrying about color match etc.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, never considered having dealer epoxy it on. Just ordered mine!!!

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was concerned about it sticking out too far or not being straight. But they did a great job and for a fraction of the cost of a new tailgate! My opinion, these Raptors need the appliqué. Really sets off the back end.

bigboy4eva

Reaction score
Thats fantastic, how can i order one. All the raptors ordered through dealer in UAE dont come with rear applique i want to order and have it installed but not sure how to order the applique alone.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I wonder if any of the aftermarket will eventually offer a different applique. I do agree that the contrast of the applique sets off the rear end nicely (I have a silver so it will be a nice breakup), however, I am not so crazy about the size 125 font FORD lettering. A stealth applique with no branding or a different one would be nice. Maybe I'll talk to my guy who is going to apply 3M film on the sides to do the roof and tailgate applique in gloss black? hm...

Last edited:

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Im in the same boat you were- wish mine had the appllique. Looks more finished to me.