ADD Front Bumper & License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agswin

Reaction score
So I live in the great State of Texas that unfortunately makes you have a front plate. I also live in a college town, where the police have a lot of down time it seems. I have had a few sports cars and tried going without the front plate and it is a magnet to get pulled over.

So, that being said, I would really like to get an ADD front bumper or something similar but what do you guys that have these aftermarket bumpers do in a situation that you need to have a front plate?

I would rather not jimmy rig something on the front middle where the light bar would go, but maybe something off to one side? I am sure others are in my position, I sure would like to run without it, but don't want to give the po-po a reason to pull me over

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Agswin I had ADD build license plate mount and brackets for two four inch a Rigids on either side of plate instead of having 20" light bar mount. I also had them add a top hoop for 30" light bar. I wanted to stay legal too, are you in College Station?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 130

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in California and we have the front plate law also, but i just ignore it, out of the 35+ years driving I have only got two fix-it tickets for front plates, so no front plate for me!

OP
OP
A

Agswin

Reaction score
Good news for the Cali folks is usually there is so much more for the police to do there that a front license plate is way down the list. I grew up in HB and never had a front plate.

Yes I am in CStat. I like that ADD would do that for me and I like the Stealth bar for the the G2 and it appears your set up would work great since that bumper doesn't have any lights below. I would prefer the bumper makers to make the brackets rather than me trying to get that from a another shop

Thanks for the help

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good news for the Cali folks is usually there is so much more for the police to do there that a front license plate is way down the list. I grew up in HB and never had a front plate.

Yes I am in CStat. I like that ADD would do that for me and I like the Stealth bar for the the G2 and it appears your set up would work great since that bumper doesn't have any lights below. I would prefer the bumper makers to make the brackets rather than me trying to get that from a another shop

Thanks for the help
Glad to help. I've seen a black and a white Gen 2 in town, either one you? Glad to see another member in town, like to check out your truck sometime.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I was about to order an ADD bumper but am holding off until they have a front license plate bracket or some other bumper manufacturer makes one I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk