GEN 2 37 inch tire setup on Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

New to this whole truck game. I want to throw some 37” tires on my Gen2. That being said, I basically am seeking input on what I need to do to my truck to accomplish this. Leveling kit, fender trimming etc...

I plan to run different wheels than the stock ones. Where I am becoming confused is when folks discuss offset and wheel weight and how that effects things.

I would also appreciate input on how folks have adjusted their trucks speedometer to accommodate the larger wheel.

Any recommendations on the above and specific wheels/ tires lmk.

Thanks in advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpinc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Running Icon 2.5 level kit at 2.5 to get level.
Icon Rebound wheels
17”x8.5/ 6mm offset
Toyo Rt 37”
Had to trim just the plastic inside fender on rear of front wheels. Very minimal. No rub.

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so next question...

Is there a way to run 37” tires without trimming stuff and devaluing the vehicle by hacking it up?

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so next question...

Is there a way to run 37” tires without trimming stuff and devaluing the vehicle by hacking it up?

Nope. Even with spring and spacers they still rub. They just don't rub while turning in a parkinglot.

My stock wheels and tires rubbed offroad anyway.