2017 TPMS Part #

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to rotate the tires including the spare since I paid for it.

I assume I can add a TPMS for the spare and have the Raptor re-learn the 4 tires on the ground ignoring the spare.

Here's a TPMS for a Ford F-150 2017 from CJ Pony Parts

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-ti...or-valve-stem-type-f-150-2015-2017/p/TBANDS8/

$39.99 but may not be in stock - good price to have when talking to Ford dealer

tbands8_1.2485.jpg

Some related info here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/tire-rotation-56805/

Last edited:

tobywan

Reaction score
Hi guys, I bought a pair of OEM beadlock rims, and found out later that the guy had removed the TPMS sensors. I bought these off of Amazon, as recommended by CJ Pony Parts. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013GU2VTI/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

The truck does not detect them, although a local tire store says the signals are strong and active. I'm assuming that means i needed the 433 instead of the 315. Not sure I want to go through the trouble of dismounting again though...

thinkrevolutionx

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need two TPMS for my 18 after a wheel swap (ford had two in stock) but don't want to risk something not working.

I'll pay alittle more for OEM, whats the best spot to pick them up?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
check your build date... it looks like the frequency change happened in sept/oct. there are two part numbers that are two different frequencies listed as "fitting" for 2018 raptors.

best bet is to vin verify.

tobywan

Reaction score
check your build date... it looks like the frequency change happened in sept/oct. there are two part numbers that are two different frequencies listed as "fitting" for 2018 raptors.

best bet is to vin verify.

Thanks, that makes sense. What do we compare the VIN against though?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having 5 identical tires and wheels and not rotating the spare in is a waste of money. You paid for the spare, rotate it in!

I bought a TPMS from my local Ford dealer for the spare since the Raptor can deal with 5 and read the 4 on the ground.

EDIT: We need to do a TPMS System Reset after rotating the tires...

From the 2017 Ford Raptor Manual:

Since tires need to be rotated to provide consistent performance and maximum tire life, the tire pressure monitoring system needs to know when the tires are rotated to determine which set of tires are on the front and which are on the rear. With this information, the system can detect and properly warn of low tire pressures.

System reset tips:

To reduce the chances of interference from another vehicle, perform the system reset procedure at least three feet (one meter) away from another Ford Motor Company vehicle undergoing the system reset procedure at the same time.

Do not wait more than two minutes between resetting each tire sensor or the system will time-out and the entire procedure will have to be repeated on all four wheels.

A double horn will sound indicating the need to repeat the procedure.

Performing the System Reset Procedure

Read the entire procedure before attempting.

1. Drive the vehicle above 32 km/h for at least two minutes, then park in a safe location where you can easily get to all four tires and have access to an air pump.
  2. Place the ignition in the off position and keep the key in the ignition.
  3. Cycle the ignition to the on position with the engine off.
  4. Turn the hazard flashers on then off three times. You must accomplish this within 10 seconds. If the reset mode has been entered successfully, the horn will sound once, the system indicator will flash and a message is shown in the information display. If this does not occur, please try again starting at Step 2. If after repeated attempts to enter the reset mode, the horn does not sound, the system indicator does not flash and no message is shown in the information display, seek service from your authorized dealer.
  5. Train the tire pressure monitoring system sensors in the tires using the following system reset sequence starting with the left front tire in the following clockwise order: Left front (driver's side front tire), Right front (passenger's side front tire), Right rear (passenger's side rear tire), Left rear (driver's side rear tire).
  6. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the left front tire. Decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds.

Note: The single horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been learned by the module for this position. If a double horn is heard, the reset procedure was unsuccessful, and you must repeat it.

7. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the right front tire. Decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds.
  8. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the right rear tire. Decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds.
  9. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the left rear tire. Decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds. Training is complete after the horn sounds for the last tire trained (driver's side rear tire), the system indicator stops flashing, and a message is shown in the information display.
  10. Turn the ignition off. If two short horn beeps are heard, the reset procedure was unsuccessful and you must repeat it. If after repeating the procedure and two short beeps are heard when the ignition is turned to off, seek assistance from your authorized dealer.
  11. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure as indicated on the Safety Compliance Certification Label (affixed to either the door hinge pillar, door-latch post, or the door edge that meets the door-latch post, next to the driver's seating position) or Tire Label located on the B-Pillar or the edge of the driver's door.

Link to above:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...picHRef=G1845064&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=True

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
maybe not 100% true. i got ford tpms from ford performance and 6 in rotation. no re learning or reprogramming. it is picking them up automatically.

Same here. I just got a second spare and had my dealer install TPMS on the two spares and I put them in the rotation, no relearn, no problems.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, that reset procedure is a lot of effort every time you want to rotate your spare into the mix!

On my Gen 1, I bought new TPMS when I swapped my factory wheels for Methods and I did not have to do the relearn. I bought the tool, but never had to use it.

Last edited: