2017 Raptor Color Options (From Ford Dealer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I currently own a 2014 F250 Super Duty Lariat Ultimate. I modified my truck from stock, and with help from some sponsors, I was lucky enough to show it at SEMA 2015 this past year. You can check out the build forum here if you'd like: 2014 F250 Lariat Build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum. It is my daily.

But I will be selling my truck at the end of the year and transitioning over to a Raptor. Despite the grumbles about the 3.5L EB motor, I think this new model Raptor is amazing.

I went down to my dealer last week and tried to get more concrete information than what I was seeing around the internet. The only thing they were able to provide me with that hasn't been officially posted or I have not already read was a list of official color options. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge yet, but I figured I can share the information and contribute this much. If it is already known, I apologize.

The list was pulled straight from their "Dealer eSourceBook"
List is verbatim as follows:

- New Avalanche Grey - Exclusive to Raptor in the F-150 Lineup
- New Lightning Blue (2)
- Ingot Silver (3,4)
- Oxford White
- Magnetic (3,4)
- Race Red (2)
- Shadow Black (4)

(1) Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 GVWR based on Ford segmentation
(2) Not available with Raptor interior Accent Package
(3) Metallic Paint
(4) Late Availability

I'm excited for this new truck and the Avalanche Grey color! :rocket:

COLORS SEEN ON THE 2017 RAPTOR AS OF 19FEB16 (Will update periodically):
Avalanche Grey:
ArWYHoP.jpg

Lightning Blue:
j676Jya.jpg

Ingot Silver:
G8xTgeB.jpg

Oxford White:
Ew77dK8.jpg

Race Red:
hK5iZZS.jpg

Shadow Black:
Np7rZEe.jpg

Last edited:

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @RaptorCoastie!

Thanks for sharing the info. Can't wait to see some of the new colors. I wonder what Avalanche Grey will look like, since Magnetic is a darker gray. Also interesting that black is no longer metallic.

-Dan

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I currently own a 2014 F250 Super Duty Lariat Ultimate. I modified my truck from stock, and with help from some sponsors, I was lucky enough to show it at SEMA 2015 this past year. You can check out the build forum here if you'd like: 2014 F250 Lariat Build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum. It is my daily.

But I will be selling my truck at the end of the year and transitioning over to a Raptor. Despite the grumbles about the 3.5L EB motor, I think this new model Raptor is amazing.

I went down to my dealer last week and tried to get more concrete information than what I was seeing around the internet. The only thing they were able to provide me with that hasn't been officially posted or I have not already read was a list of official color options. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge yet, but I figured I can share the information and contribute this much. If it is already known, I apologize.

The list was pulled straight from their "Dealer eSourceBook"
List is verbatim as follows:

- New Avalanche Grey - Exclusive to Raptor in the F-150 Lineup
- New Lightening Blue (2)
- Ingot Silver (3,4)
- Oxford White
- Magnetic (3,4)
- Race Red (2)
- Shadow Black (4)

(1) Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 GVWR based on Ford segmentation
(2) Not available with Raptor interior Accent Package
(3) Metallic Paint
(4) Late Availability

I'm excited for this new truck and the Avalanche Grey color! :rockit:

Awesome! Thanks!

D

Deleted member 12951

Welcome to FRF! Just remember don't lift a raptor, its bad mojo.

Odd that they are coming out with 3 in the same color family.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @RaptorCoastie!

Thanks for sharing the info. Can't wait to see some of the new colors. I wonder what Avalanche Grey will look like, since Magnetic is a darker gray. Also interesting that black is no longer metallic.

-Dan

Thanks Dan.

From what I can tell (only conjecture) the Avalanche Grey will be a mutant between Terrain and a regular Silver color. Much more subdued tan tones than regular Terrain, and under certain light, it shows a lot more silver and even green hues (reference to 5600K+ lighting from snow pics).

Also, I know Tuxedo black on other models has been a metallic, but was this "Shadow Black" offered on prior years Raptors? And was it a metallic paint?

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Just remember don't lift a raptor

Thanks RDFTS. That's the only way I sold wifey on the idea. Conversation went something like, "But I'll get better gas mileage and it won't be as lifted. You'll love it!" #JustTheTip

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Thanks Trick.

I have a feeling it will be similar to the color of my SD. That dark grey metallic look. (Or at least I hope).

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan.

From what I can tell (only conjecture) the Avalanche Grey will be a mutant between Terrain and a regular Silver color. Much more subdued tan tones than regular Terrain, and under certain light, it shows a lot more silver and even green hues (reference to 5600K+ lighting from snow pics).

Also, I know Tuxedo black on other models has been a metallic, but was this "Shadow Black" offered on prior years Raptors? And was it a metallic paint?

It was not called Shadow Black, just "Black", in 2011 they could not get the metallic in certain paints because of the earthquake in Japan, not sure how many black Raptors were made without the Tux Black Metallic. Maybe someone can confirm...

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...the-black:-ford-solves-japanese-paint-problem

Welcome to FRF. Nice SD.

I like the Avalanche Grey myself. I wonder what the Magnetic will look like?

Magnetic is a current color on some Ford vehicles. I have seen it on a 2016 Explorer, looks nice.

-Dan

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this looks to be the new Lighting Blue color shown at the Detroit show. I knew it wasn't the Liquid Blue show truck color we've all seen over the last year. But I did assume that it was Blue Flame.

233372_2017_Ford_F-150.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
So this looks to be the new Lighting Blue color shown at the Detroit show. I knew it wasn't the Liquid Blue show truck color we've all seen over the last year. But I did assume that it was Blue Flame.

That is a sweet looking color. I like all their colors for this year. Only thing they could have added to spice it up would be a mid tone brown/copper. Picture the ADD/707 Sarasota Ford copper color.