0 Offset Wheels on Stock Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like all the wheels I like have a 0 offset. I really don't want to mess with the stock suspension and put a perch collar on my truck.

Has anyone used 0 offset wheels on stock suspension with success? I'm wondering where I might potentially see rubbing and if it would be easy to remedy.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It seems like all the wheels I like have a 0 offset. I really don't want to mess with the stock suspension and put a perch collar on my truck.

Has anyone used 0 offset wheels on stock suspension with success? I'm wondering where I might potentially see rubbing and if it would be easy to remedy.

With the OEM tire you'll only and barely rub the lower portion on the fender flare where it wraps under the truck by the fender liner. With an 8.5 it's pretty minimal. 9's at a zero are a little more noticeable. There some wheel options that are +12, +18, +20 and +25. Not many and none are Methods but they're out there.

OP
OP
S

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the OEM tire you'll only and barely rub the lower portion on the fender flare where it wraps under the truck by the fender liner. With an 8.5 it's pretty minimal. 9's at a zero are a little more noticeable. There some wheel options that are +12, +18, +20 and +25. Not many and none are Methods but they're out there.

I assume that would be at full compression too? So, if I wanted to start with a 0 offset and add the perch collar later I wouldn't be causing a lot of issues?

Thank you for the info!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I assume that would be at full compression too? So, if I wanted to start with a 0 offset and add the perch collar later I wouldn't be causing a lot of issues?

Thank you for the info!

Depends on the angle of the wheel at compression. If the wheel is cranked in a rock crawling situation you will get more rubbing. A spirited run over some bumpy terrain or jumping (to an extent) wont cause issues at compression. If you do a +00 now just make sure the wheel is 8.5" wide and not 9".

azmcs

Reaction score
I run 0 offset Rotiform forged wheels on stock suspension. Stock KO2s. The offset is perfect to bring the tire *just* beyond the flares. Zero rubbing even with aggressive off road use.

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got same exact thing coming from Scott at CustomWheels4u 17x8.5 0 offset. Ill tell you if there is rubbing but just like Scott said most people will never rub unless you are really cranking it.