[Need Help] Tire + Wheels for Brembo Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Ridge Grapplers over the Duratracs and KO2, used all three. Put this set up on mine and plan to go custom R1 BBK, getting suspension worked out first.

daa5e8b4aded96fa492dc22162e8cd9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Ridge Grapplers over the Duratracs and KO2, used all three. Put this set up on mine and plan to go custom R1 BBK, getting suspension worked out first

What specifically on the Ridge? I drove the OEM KO2s in the recent NE snow cyclone and was not impressed so was going to step up to Dura

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What specifically on the Ridge? I drove the OEM KO2s in the recent NE snow cyclone and was not impressed so was going to step up to Dura

The duratracs are better in the snow than the k02 for sure. The RG’s are just as good so far as the DT’s.

I would say the RG’s combine everything good about the two tires supposedly without the balancing issues of the KO2 and the wear I experienced with the duratracs.(too early for me to know)All good tires but so far really impressed with the RG’s. Less road noise than the DT’s as well.

Only negative I can think of is they are probably heavier than the duratracs. Load rating is E on the DT and F on the RG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get with Rick at Freedom M.S., he has the R1 sizes sorted out. Pretty sure they have a good kit to fit 18's.

OP
OP
O

OhioRaptorFan

Reaction score
It's definitely the X factor. The only wheels I've found that work are the Black Rhino Warlord in a 20x9 -12 and a select few GRID Offroad wheels in a +00 offset.

The other companies you mentioned are focused on deep lips with their molds leaving no room for the caliper's protrusion.

I've heard good things about R1 and their ability to mix an match. This is a customer of mine with 17x8.5 RRW wheels but they also have larger rotors for 20" applications.

Talked to the Grid Offroad guys and they said that they have never done a Brembo Kit Wheel. I am currently looking at HREs.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Talked to the Grid Offroad guys and they said that they have never done a Brembo Kit Wheel. I am currently looking at HREs.

They do custom offsets on their cast wheels. I sent them the Brembo template and they measured the wheels that would work. My customer ultimately went with Rotiforms so the GRID's never got ordered. But they will work.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I guess they deleted the template or forgot about it.

You would have to provide it to them again. Since there is not an order in their system they don't have a history on it. I have the pdf for the 6 pot kit if you don't already have it. I can email it you.