[Need Help] Tire + Wheels for Brembo Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OhioRaptorFan

Reaction score
I am looking at putting Brembo Brakes on my Raptor. Which means I need to get 20" wheels.

Any good wheel + tire combinations for 20" out there that would keep the ride close to the original?

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at putting Brembo Brakes on my Raptor. Which means I need to get 20" wheels.

Any good wheel + tire combinations for 20" out there that would keep the ride close to the original?

I put 35-12.50x20 Toyo open country A/T on mine. They fit perfect. I have about 3/4 inch clearance in the steering. The wheels need to be at least a +25 offset I believe. What are you toying with? What is your raptor perch?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I had to get 20s, there is only one tire I would consider... the 325/60R20 Duratrac.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

With Brembos you are very limited with "off the shelf" wheels. 99% of them will not clear caliper. The diameter is easy, it's how far the new caliper sticks out that will limit you. We've sold custom built wheels from Rotiform that work great since they're built around the brakes and we can get fitments close to OEM. But off the shelf might be tough for OEM like offsets.

OP
OP
O

OhioRaptorFan

Reaction score
With Brembos you are very limited with "off the shelf" wheels. 99% of them will not clear caliper. The diameter is easy, it's how far the new caliper sticks out that will limit you. We've sold custom built wheels from Rotiform that work great since they're built around the brakes and we can get fitments close to OEM. But off the shelf might be tough for OEM like offsets.

I was told that 18" can also work with Brembos. So it seems most off the shelf wheels lack the x-factor. So XD and American Force wheels wont work at all from your experience?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was told that 18" can also work with Brembos. So it seems most off the shelf wheels lack the x-factor. So XD and American Force wheels wont work at all from your experience?

It's definitely the X factor. The only wheels I've found that work are the Black Rhino Warlord in a 20x9 -12 and a select few GRID Offroad wheels in a +00 offset.

The other companies you mentioned are focused on deep lips with their molds leaving no room for the caliper's protrusion.

I've heard good things about R1 and their ability to mix an match. This is a customer of mine with 17x8.5 RRW wheels but they also have larger rotors for 20" applications.

Attachments

• RR2V Avalanche 3.jpg
    RR2V Avalanche 3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 241
  • RR2V Avalanche 2.jpg
    RR2V Avalanche 2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 50