GEN 2 Ziebart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone considering taking their truck to Ziebart or another similar company for paint protection or undercoating? Or is there another company that is proven better over another?

I'm looking at keeping this truck for a while, so I want to make sure everything is taken care of.

Thanks

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to know the guy that owned ziebart, his granddaughter was dumb as a box of rocks lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had no idea that Ziebart was still in business. I recall reading some negative ratings. It was years and years ago, but I remember that in some instances the undercoating may trap moisture in some nooks and crannies and actually foster rust.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not worth it. I don't know if it's the product, or the person applying it but I have had the wheel wells down twice now. IT still keeps coming off. Takes forever to cure.

Go with lineX or rhino liner.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One good thing that Ziebart (and others) do is spray inside the doors/rocker panels. But, I'm not sure if rust/corrosion will be an issue in the Gen2 trucks, like it has been on Gen1 Raptors. I would look into Line-Xing the frame. Where I work, all of our new trucks have hot dipped galvanized frames and aluminum bodies.