GEN 2 Wireless charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Linehand

Reaction score
Anyone know if this is a fast wireless charger?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP

18LeadfootNNJ

Reaction score
So after a bit of reading, the "OEM" charging mat from JVIS requires the use of a special cover on your phone. The cover is required because this mat uses the "open dots" standard of wireless charging. So every time you upgrade your phone, you need to buy ANOTHER case for the new phone. So retarded. Again, my chevy charged my blackberry priv and Samsung phones no problem.

I found this though.....

http://www.brandmotion.com/ford-f-150-qi-wireless-charging-kit-for-bucket-seats-fdmc-1224.html

Seems like a PITA to Install, but works out of the gate. Cmon ford.....70k for a truck and can't offer us a simple wireless charging solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So after a bit of reading, the "OEM" charging mat from JVIS requires the use of a special cover on your phone. The cover is required because this mat uses the "open dots" standard of wireless charging. So every time you upgrade your phone, you need to buy ANOTHER case for the new phone. So retarded. Again, my chevy charged my blackberry priv and Samsung phones no problem.

I found this though.....

Ford F150 Wireless Phone Charging System from Brandmotion

Seems like a PITA to Install, but works out of the gate. Cmon ford.....70k for a truck and can't offer us a simple wireless charging solution?

I for one am glad Ford didn't hardwire a solution into the Raptor. Tech becomes obsolete so quickly it doesn't make sense to put in a vehicle that is designed to last 10-20 years.

It is comical every time I go to a hotel that has an alarm clock with Apple's long outdated 30-pin dock connecter. Yeah, that doing people a lot of good.

Up until a few weeks ago there wasn't even a dominant standard for wireless charging. Now that Apple adopted Qi, that will probably be the one everyone goes to. But there is no way Ford would have known that 4 years ago when they designed the interior of the current gen f-150.

And even with Qi, chances are slim that in 5 years that will be the charging pad you will want in your vehicle.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up until a few weeks ago there wasn't even a dominant standard for wireless charging. Now that Apple adopted Qi, that will probably be the one everyone goes to.

Considering Android has had wireless charging for YEARS now I find it humorous that "this" will be the standard because Apple somehow came up with it! In addition Apple's wireless charging sucks because out of the box without additional cost, it uses slow charging not fast charging... again something Android has had for years now!

Put back on point, there are several hands-free solutions that would plug in or could be hardwired in that wood cradle your phone and charge it at the same time. Do a search on Amazon. Just a suggestion of course. My solution is to have a fast wireless charging plate for my Android phone in the cubby compartment. Works wonderfully for me

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Considering Android has had wireless charging for YEARS now I find it humorous that "this" will be the standard because Apple somehow came up with it! In addition Apple's wireless charging sucks because out of the box without additional cost, it uses slow charging not fast charging... again something Android has had for years now!

Put back on point, there are several hands-free solutions that would plug in or could be hardwired in that wood cradle your phone and charge it at the same time. Do a search on Amazon. Just a suggestion of course. My solution is to have a fast wireless charging plate for my Android phone in the cubby compartment. Works wonderfully for me

Apple is far and away the most dominant premium smartphone in the US and it has an even more commanding lead when it comes to people who buy premium vehicles. Android is nice for techies and those who are on a budget.

Apple adopting Qi is a huge deal because it allows manufactures to dive in head first without fear of a Betamax moment. But that still doesn't solve the obsolescence that will occur in 5 years when phone makes adopt an entirely new standard, long range wireless charging. Without a doubt I will have this truck longer than I have my phone.