Windshield sunshade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote would be for the Covercraft as well. I've had mine for many years and it has held up well to abuse. The one thing that really impressed me was the thickness of the sunshade. It not only reflects the light, but insulates the truck. There is a noticeable difference in the interior temperature when I use it here in Florida. The cons of this type of sunshade is that it only folds, so it can be a pain to stow. I also made a mod to mine. I purchased a large RAPTOR sticker and placed it while the sunscreen was flat. Then I cut the sticker at the folds. This worked perfectly and you can add any sticker you want to show in your windshield, like Tampa Bay Buccaneers!!!

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 40 years of owning all types of shades from all sources, I won't buy anything else but the ones from Heatshield. Yeah they're $40, but the one I have has lasted since my 2012 Gen 1 and still looks and works like new.
It's thick and very well constructed with an excellent fit. It doesn't crumple into a limp mess and rolls up with a Velcro strap that still functions like new.

I imagine other top of the line companies, like Covercraft, have some good ones too, but the Heatshield is great and MADE IN THE USA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racingislife

Reaction score
I got the covercraft uvs100 with blue metallic tint.
Fits pretty well.
Not a perfect fit around the larger mirror unit, but sides fit great and it stays in place even without the visors.
I prefer the folding types.

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude,
I like that one. Did you order with, or without camera cutout? I have 802A, and not sure which style is correct.

Tim182d

Reaction score
I purchased and like the following:

Intro-Tech FD-902A-R Silver Ultimate Reflector Custom Fit Folding Window Shade

Price: $57.80 FREE Shipping for Prime members

Obviously on Amazon. Folds flat and stores nicely under the rear seat when not in use.