Windshield Dot matrix tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhh93

Reaction score
Got windows tinted on my 18 last week and got a banner across the top of the windshield in 5%. well its laid over the raised dots around the edges of my windshield but when you look from the outside it looks silver where the dots are. i know theres posts all around the internet about this but i wanted to know what someone else with a gen 2 raptor has done about this. the tint guys did an amazing job on windows and the banner is perfectly lined up and cut just not right. They told me wait about a week for the moisture to dry out and then press down on the edges with a paper towel on my finger and it would go away. well that has not worked! imagine that.. I would like to know what would be the best way to get this right so i can tell them what to do if i get them to redo it. Thanks guys

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually they require leveling with a superfine sandpaper or scotchbrite pad prior to tint application.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually they require leveling with a superfine sandpaper or scotchbrite pad prior to tint application.

I've had this done on several of my cars, be careful, you do need to trust your installer. Even with a fine grit (finishing) 2500+ grit you can leave marks on the glass which will annoy you more than the dots. Also had installers use a mix of Elmer's type glue to make a clear past that fills in the gaps better.

Either way, there are many "fixes" out there, none work perfect, and all have different draw backs. My Porsche was the worst, that have large fretting on the rear vertical of the glass and the B/C pillar window. At the end of the day, what I've learned is it will never be perfect.

Head over to the BMW and Porsche forums, lots of suggestions on the subject. For whatever reason, these two tend to have the issue more than other OEM glass.

OP
OP
D

dhh93

Reaction score
That’s what I’m seeing.. I’m leaning towards just leaving it like it is. Thanks for the tips.