GEN 2 Why does the bluetooth phone interface suck so bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My only complaint is every time my phone connects it turns the ringer up full volume. Wish it would just leave it low like I have it set. Anyone have this issue?

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Under Settings>Sound>Ringer, turn “change with buttons” to off and the truck will stop turning up your ringer volume.

My entire office thanks you for your help. Lol

I normally come into the office and leave my phone on my desk and the ringer turned full volume from being in my truck scaries the shit out of everyone the first call I get. My office will now be peaceful in the morning. Thanks for the help.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My entire office thanks you for your help. Lol

I normally come into the office and leave my phone on my desk and the ringer turned full volume from being in my truck scaries the shit out of everyone the first call I get. My office will now be peaceful in the morning. Thanks for the help.

X2

Always wondered how to stop that.

alpha7even

Reaction score
Under Settings>Sound>Ringer, turn “change with buttons” to off and the truck will stop turning up your ringer volume.

Where is this setting? Nowhere to be found on my 2018. Maybe I'm missing something?

I have the same problem as my phone alarm ends up being on the highest volume setting and is deafening at 5:30am.

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not about Bluetooth but rather about Sync shit altogether.
In my beemer you have a set of assignable buttons which can hold anything - any radio station (Sirius, FM, AM), a call to contact or an address to navigate to.

Indeed, if you want to switch from fake news CNN on Sirius to Rush - you need to switch Source and then choose a preset which takes your attention from the road and costs you a few damn clicks.

Sucks.

But then again, it's a Ford.
Why would we complain about electronics if it's a Ford...or Raptor ?! It's a RAPTOR !! Dumb electronics and almost perfect drivetrain!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It's not about Bluetooth but rather about Sync shit altogether.
In my beemer you have a set of assignable buttons which can hold anything - any radio station (Sirius, FM, AM), a call to contact or an address to navigate to.

Indeed, if you want to switch from fake news CNN on Sirius to Rush - you need to switch Source and then choose a preset which takes your attention from the road and costs you a few damn clicks.

Sucks.

But then again, it's a Ford.
Why would we complain about electronics if it's a Ford...or Raptor ?! It's a RAPTOR !! Dumb electronics and almost perfect drivetrain!

Clinton News Network is still around? who knew?

Ocotillo Boy

Reaction score
The problem with my phone when in my truck is I like the volume set to 25. Every call I make both outgoing and incoming the truck sets itself back to volume 19. I have to manually turn it up every time.

Pain in the butt. My mustang is the exact same way.

Anybody know how to fix this??