GEN 2 Why does the bluetooth phone interface suck so bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caleb

Reaction score
Seriously, the Ford bluetooth phone interface has to be the worse interface I've had in any vehicle. Even worse than Toyota, who's YEARS behind in the technology department.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there no way to save favorites or do you really have to go in to contacts every time you want to call someone? Oh, and recent calls...well that's only recent since you turned your truck on...gah, I can't stand it.

Please tell me I'm dumb and I'm missing something. :biggrin:

OP
OP
C

caleb

Reaction score
I've tried the voice multiple times to call my wife and each time I end up calling my sister. Their names both end in an "ee" sound but that's it.

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried the voice multiple times to call my wife and each time I end up calling my sister. Their names both end in an "ee" sound but that's it.

Change your wife’s name in your contacts to just “Wife”. Now when you use the voice commands just say, “Call my wife, mobile/home/work, etc....”

I use CarPlay and contacts come up there.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Seriously, the Ford bluetooth phone interface has to be the worse interface I've had in any vehicle. Even worse than Toyota, who's YEARS behind in the technology department.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there no way to save favorites or do you really have to go in to contacts every time you want to call someone? Oh, and recent calls...well that's only recent since you turned your truck on...gah, I can't stand it.

Please tell me I'm dumb and I'm missing something. :biggrin:

well, ok.

You’re dumb and you’re missing something.

There.

Bluetooth. it is what it is. It’s not 100%, it’s more like 85%. I have cr@p luck with pretty much every bluetooth connect, with the possible exception of my grill thermometer.

Honestly, the more features they add the more confusion or potential confusion it creates.

I don’t think there’s a favorites on the truck itself. Which reminds me; this is a truck, not a Lexus. Just sayin’.

OP
OP
C

caleb

Reaction score
well, ok.

You’re dumb and you’re missing something.

There.

Bluetooth. it is what it is. It’s not 100%, it’s more like 85%. I have cr@p luck with pretty much every bluetooth connect, with the possible exception of my grill thermometer.

Honestly, the more features they add the more confusion or potential confusion it creates.

I don’t think there’s a favorites on the truck itself. Which reminds me; this is a truck, not a Lexus. Just sayin’.

That's fair but my 2016 Tundra had better BT integration. I like the CarPlay integration the Ford has, but you have to plug in to get that which is annoying and I'm sure that's an Apple limitation.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use voice command and I very seldom have a problem with it (Gen 2 is WAAAAY better than Gen 1 or my wife's 2017 Rav4). If you plugin, Carplay gives you much more phone like options.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That's fair but my 2016 Tundra had better BT integration. I like the CarPlay integration the Ford has, but you have to plug in to get that which is annoying and I'm sure that's an Apple limitation.

Your observation is fair, I have a negative overall impression of bluetooth altogether and my other vehicles lack this tech. It wouldn’t surprise me there are vehicles out there with a better integration.