what display mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too like using the Nav display when using maps, otherwise I keep it on MPG monitor or Trip. Boost gauge is a must.

Edit: I have not tested the driver display for the Nav with google maps yet using Android Auto.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This behavior is consistent with all my other nav devices - iPhone, 3x Garmin, etc. They all seem to look at distance, speed and make a simple math calculation, but consider intersections as “interchanges” without traffic control devices. So if I were to obey the GPS directions, I’d go .6 miles less, but more distance is spent in 25 mph or stuck at the long light than if I go the slightly longer way, where one of my right turns is at a stop sign.

The GPS mapping is often not cognizant of “long” traffic lights, intersections with no right turn on red. This morning, I tried to figure out why this happens. I used Garmin’s basecamp to play with the 2 mile stretch from my house to the US1 intersection.

short way is 1.8 miles and 5 minutes. 3 traffic lights this way, one of which is the long “left turn” light.
My preferred way is 2.1 miles and 4 minutes. One traffic light this way, that no matter how hard you try, you almost always miss. Still shorter than the light going the other way.

My preferences are for the faster route. Every nav device I have makes this mistake, not just the Raptor. I just happen to know about it because the routes are familiar to me. I’m sure the nav programs do this everywhere.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I have yet to figure out how to do that.

left side of the steering wheel; use the arrow buttons to select stuff, ok to toggle it. The menu is reasonably simple to navigate once you have the hang of it.

I spent about 10 minutes setting up the my view tab, I think I ended up wit the compass, trip 1, raptor status, power distribution, auto stop/start - not in that order. Other stuff I can get to from the other tabs.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question - Does anyone's Raptor ever reset the Boost vs. Transmission Temp? Seems like every 4-5 starts mine will go from Turbo Boost (which I selected) back to Transmission Temp and I have to click 'OK' to have my Digital Speedometer display. My steering wheel mode also defaults back to Normal when this happens.

I can't figure out for the life of me why it's happening as sometimes it's just so random... not like after it's been sitting awhile or related to anything just random. Driving me crazy.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Are you messing with the drive modes by chance?

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question - Does anyone's Raptor ever reset the Boost vs. Transmission Temp? Seems like every 4-5 starts mine will go from Turbo Boost (which I selected) back to Transmission Temp and I have to click 'OK' to have my Digital Speedometer display. My steering wheel mode also defaults back to Normal when this happens.

I can't figure out for the life of me why it's happening as sometimes it's just so random... not like after it's been sitting awhile or related to anything just random. Driving me crazy.

If you're playing with FORScan, it seems to reset this. I can't remember which module (probably IPC?), but when I do a write, it resets to tranny temp.
Don't know about the steering mode. Haven't noticed that.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My other drive modes are there and work normally so it's not the MyKey. It happened since I bought the thing and before I did anything with FORScan.

It's so random I can't track it to anything such as driver input, time between starts, time of day, temp, anything. Strangest thing. I am having some paint warranty work but not sure if I want the dealership to mess with this one or not.

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Digital speedo for me here so far too. I find having the nav up is slightly distracting and prefer to leave it on the center cluster screen. Still playing around with My View, haven't settled on anything yet.