Water leak New truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor92

Reaction score
Anyone has experienced a water puddle on the driver side rubber floor mat right infront of the brake pedal?
The puddle is around 3 inch in diameter.

The truck is brand new at 300mi, never seen rain.
Last washed two weeks ago.

This problem has started two appear since my last couple of drives only.

Any input is appreciated, dont want to visit the stealership and have everything torn apart.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take it to the dealer? if my truck was leaking I wouldn't want to fix it myself, I would want them to document the leak in case there are any other issues. also if it's leaking my the brake pedal I would assume it hit some electronics before resting on the floor mat.

OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
I have thoroughly checked the brake pedal as it was completely dry
I do agree with you regarding documentation

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thoroughly checked the brake pedal as it was completely dry
I do agree with you regarding documentation

I've read many stories about the plant forgetting to hook up the sun roof drain, so that might be a good area for them to start.

can you see any sort of entry point? is the carpet under the floor mat wet?

Umlify

Reaction score
Yes I have experienced this on a new F250 I bought last year. When I saw the puddle I looked directly above it and saw water all throughout the electronics behind my dash. Loooooong story short, 3 trips to dealer, 5 months without truck, no fix, lemon law and dealer bought it back. They could never find the leak.
At the very least take pictures and video of your evidence and take it in to the dealer. Now when the dealer says “we can’t replicate the leak” you have evidence. Do this every time.
I feel for ya...this was a crappy situation for me. Hope it turns out better for you.

OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
What have you done to resolve this issue?
Am i able to check the drains by myself?