Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]

Tuffy Rear Seat Lockbox

This is a discussion on Tuffy Rear Seat Lockbox within the Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
I had one in my gen 1 and got one for my gen 2. Seems to be tougher to install ...

User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2017, 01:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I had one in my gen 1 and got one for my gen 2. Seems to be tougher to install this time around.}

Dr. Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I found the answer today while looking thru trucks at the dealer!

The 2017 SUPER-DUTY Large cab has a rear seat storage system that collapses so you can still have all your floor space and then if you need it, it unfolds into a box that hugs the bottom of both seats with dividers! Im getting it priced by the dealer, looks like the best of both world and exactly what Ive been looking for! more info coming!

heres a link that shows the box http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1607.../photo-20.html
SilverBolt likes this.

Last edited by Renomaan; 02-17-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Renomaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hired Gun

Originally Posted by Renomaan View Post

The 2017 SUPER-DUTY Large cab has a rear seat storage system that collapses so you can still have all your floor space and then if you need it, it unfolds into a box that hugs the bottom of both seats with dividers! Im getting it priced by the dealer, looks like the best of both world and exactly what Ive been looking for! more info coming!

heres a link that shows the box 2017 Ford Super Duty Rear Under Seat Storage Open - Photo 203129195 - First Drive: 2017 Ford Super Duty
Nice! Just wish the SCAB had something like this available.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Full Access Member

heres a link that shows the box 2017 Ford Super Duty Rear Under Seat Storage Open - Photo 203129195 - First Drive: 2017 Ford Super Duty
Definitely interested

2017 Satin Black SCREW, xpel stealth, dual 6" rigid SR, dual Rigid SAE, 30" Amber rigid radiance, 3 sets of rigid pods in bumpers, tuffy security box, folding bed extender, retrax bed cover, spd turbo adapter, cadillac 4 note horns, rappy graphics, forscan mods, all the bells and whistles except for graphics package and interior accent packages.
hewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Full Access Member

The OEM storage unit is nice but WAY overpriced at $440
They come in the F250's and the high end F150's (King Ranch, Platnium)

I looked it over today and it def will fit exactly into the Gen2 with the largest Cab.
It is fastened to the floor in the OEM install with four threaded studs protruding up from the floor, not sure if they are thru bolts or studs from the factory. It could easily be mounted with Fender washers and a self tapping TEC screw if put into the Gen2)

I'm passing on this as the other options avail are at half the cost uH-Ha and Rigid
Old 02-22-2017, 10:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default REar Storage OEM option pics
The four black round plugs in the bottom cover the fastening bolts/nuts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2375.JPG (186.3 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2376.JPG (182.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2377.JPG (199.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2378.JPG (203.5 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2379.JPG (189.4 KB, 80 views)
Old 02-27-2017, 01:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The four black round plugs in the bottom cover the fastening bolts/nuts
Do you happen to know the part #? Where did you find cost info? I can't find anything on web.
vr4henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by vr4henry View Post
Do you happen to know the part #? Where did you find cost info? I can't find anything on web.
I didnt get the PN, after I saw the price of $440
Any Parts guy at FORD should be able to get that info...Ill see if I can get a list of parts and post
Old 02-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #19 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I have one in my 2014 , love it and would never be with out it . Unless the burglar has a steel saw or carries around a full array of tools aint no one breaking into it in a few minutes . It has plenty of storage for a purse , laptop bag and a couple guns and other stuff all at once . For those that say they don't want to loose floor space how often do you put your seats up and put anything in that area ? and If you have the Sony sub your already loosing that space on the passenger side .

Bottom line is it is worth the money and you can forget about worrying if you leave valuables in your car in a movie parking lot , theme park or hotel .

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Oh before I forget if you have a kicker sub speaker this box wont fit , only fits with Sony Sub or no sub .

2014 Raptor Oxford White 801a Package , Roll n Lock , MBPR turn down cat back , Roush CAI and Plenty of Lighting .
BeansGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

Judging from the photos, that Ford box appears to be plastic and does not have a locking top. For those of us who have things in a our trucks that we don't want the kids messing with and that we don't want to have stolen, it's a non-starter.

"I like my coffee black, and my tea in the harbor." - Jay Posey, author
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote