Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]

Tuffy Rear Seat Lockbox

This is a discussion on Tuffy Rear Seat Lockbox within the Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Looking for experiances, good/bad, with installing this and if it is worth the loss of floor space. I have had ...

User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2017, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Tuffy Rear Seat Lockbox
Looking for experiances, good/bad, with installing this and if it is worth the loss of floor space. I have had a vehicle with a trunk and the ability to throw valuables in it to keep out of sight for quite a while. I have also read plenty on this forum of how people love the huge flat space in the rear with the seats up in their screws.

It is big enough to throw a laptop bag, purses and such so it seems like a good idea to keep valuables out of sight and secure.

Thanks in advance.

F150 SuperCrew Under Seat Lockbox
Attached Thumbnails
img_1198.jpg  

Nordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Uggggly

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Bullishone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Looking for experiances, good/bad, with installing this and if it is worth the loss of floor space. I have had a vehicle with a trunk and the ability to throw valuables in it to keep out of sight for quite a while. I have also read plenty on this forum of how people love the huge flat space in the rear with the seats up in their screws.

It is big enough to throw a laptop bag, purses and such so it seems like a good idea to keep valuables out of sight and secure.

Thanks in advance.

I'd rather take the space... If someone wants in your truck they will bust through that thing in no time.
Azholley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

I have been on the fence regarding this storage box but decided against the idea. I would rather have more room with seats up instead. May by storage box in the bed but definitely not inside the cab.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

I wouldn't think so. I have this in both my Gen 1 SCABs. If you leave the jack in place, there is not much room left Ill try to remember to take a couple pics tomorrow.
Also, the rear floor mats don't fit under the box. Someone else used spacers to raise it up. I'm still playing with that to find the right spacer.

Originally Posted by Nordic View Post

Thanks in advance.

cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

ALWAYS carry, never tell

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I don't know about the 2017, but on my 2014 the latches are on the back of the back seat (top part) to allow them to fold down. Excellent place to hide stuff, even up to rifles with scopes on um. I simply had to attach a wire to the existing latches.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

I have one in my 2011 SCAB, and I wouldn't be without it. It isn't even a one-beer installation, it's that easy. If I didn't already have one, I'd buy one today.

"I like my coffee black, and my tea in the harbor." - Jay Posey, author
Ruger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Comming from a Tacoma which had storage behind each rear seat AND storage under the bench sections, I NEED a starage system under the Raptor seats. Not worried bout locking it . Looking at these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QHAASF4...O4EM2KTT&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01012DC88...I16M4514BO4JZY

no purchase yet though....
Renomaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Renomaan View Post
Comming from a Tacoma which had storage behind each rear seat AND storage under the bench sections, I NEED a starage system under the Raptor seats. Not worried bout locking it . Looking at these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QHAASF4...O4EM2KTT&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01012DC88...I16M4514BO4JZY

no purchase yet though....
I had the DU-HA in my 2014 Raptor. Its a cool box and I used it to store rifles, shotguns, ammo, waterfowl gear etc while hunting. But Im looking for something different in my 2017.
MJslasherADMIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Ya I definitely need something. I figured I would go with Tuffy because well... why not. But storage is a must. Right now my floor is holding my crap.

2017 Satin Black SCREW, xpel stealth, dual 6" rigid SR, dual Rigid SAE, 30" Amber rigid radiance, 3 sets of rigid pods in bumpers, tuffy security box, folding bed extender, retrax bed cover, spd turbo adapter, cadillac 4 note horns, rappy graphics, forscan mods, all the bells and whistles except for graphics package and interior accent packages.
hewster is offline   Reply With Quote