squeaky steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtrraptor

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post...... For the most part I love this truck and its ran flawlessly. Zero issues. But I do see all the little issues people have on here and keep those in the back of my head lol. So the one thing I noticed yesterday, was when I turn the wheel slightly I get a squeak. It's not every time but can replicate it often. Also noticed the steering wheel mode would keep going back to normal, I usually have it on sport and stays there. Not a huge deal, but annoying and something I wouldn't expect to happen from one of the flagship models from ford. I can't recall that I encountered this in any other car Ive ever owned. LOL

Anyone have this issue?

Last edited:

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every start returns the truck to normal. some of us can set the wheel to sport or comfort and it stays while the truck is in normal mode. other have to set the wheel every start. i just select sport mode on every start.

as far as the squeak, would you hear it over the radio? perhaps take it in for them to look at it. i had an inop horn on my 14 lariat. it was cause of a corroded ring that didn't have anti corrosion on it from the factory. 30 min fix after 4 visits to 2 dealers lol.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While the car is running, get down under your driver side dash so you can see the steering column. Manipulate the steering wheel and you'll see where the squeak/friction noise is coming from. There's a rubber and plastic piece that you'll need to lubricate. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
G

gtrraptor

Reaction score
Luckily I don't hear over the radio, but I will get under there and check it out. Thx guys

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be a noisy clock spring. have dealer check out and replace if necessary.