Speeds different

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone's speeds different from digital display to the analog speedometer?
When I set the cruise on the digital at 80 my analog shows 81-82. So which one do you go by?
It looks like the cruise is set to the same as the digital speed says so is that the one to go bup?

mac_attack

Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed the same thing. As you mentioned, the cruise seems to match with the digital readout and my phone's gps seems to agree.

LO8ULyTl.jpg

This and the double horn honk when getting out with the key and leaving the vehicle running are my biggest gripes though. :)

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just like on my jeep if you don't have a programmer to reset after tires or gears the speedometer will be off.
I'm glad mine is not the only one.
I have been using the digital speedometer to set my cruise to.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I am pretty sure the truck gets the speed from a vss and not a cable, so both the analog and the digital output should be the same. This appears to be a calibration issue--the stepper motor is moving too many steps for the signal received. Please take this to the dealer, not sure if they can fix it or would have to get the factory involved.

This should not be affected by the size of the tire--both would be off by the same amount if you moved to a smaller or larger tire.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I am pretty sure the truck gets the speed from a vss and not a cable, so both the analog and the digital output should be the same. This appears to be a calibration issue--the stepper motor is moving too many steps for the signal received. Please take this to the dealer, not sure if they can fix it or would have to get the factory involved.

This should not be affected by the size of the tire--both would be off by the same amount if you moved to a smaller or larger tire.

You think so? Hmm.
I doubt that we are the only 2 seeing this. Anyone else seeing this?

mac_attack

Reaction score
I would take it in, but I'm having too much fun driving it. :rockit:

Maybe I'll have 'em look at it when pick up my plates. If they ever come in.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I checked, my GPS speed matches the digital speedo. I wouldn't worry about the needle looking off by 1 or 2 mph. This is probably considered "normal".