sometimes the gears aren’t displayed on the dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue...just suddenly the 10 numbers disappear. Several times this has happened and I have been able to use the paddles or shift the stick to "M" mode and then back up to D and they came back. Once though I tried all of these tricks and they did not come back for some time...in and out of park several times.

I agree, would like to know why this is happening in the first place.

Are you accidentally hitting the paddles while in automatic or the manual buttons on gear shift?

While in auto, one paddle can be used to lock out gears. The other paddle puts them back. When on 10, the left paddle can be tapped to make numbers disappear from display or put them back.

I tend to grab/rest my right hand on the gear shift a lot. First week, I kept accidentally hitting the manual buttons there and either locking out gears or making numbers disappear from dash. I kept fixing with paddle shifter cause it seriously took me a week to figure out there were buttons on gear shift. I had no clue they were there and I was hitting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CowboyRaptor

Reaction score
Are you accidentally hitting the paddles while in automatic or the manual buttons on gear shift?

While in auto, one paddle can be used to lock out gears. The other paddle puts them back. When on 10, the left paddle can be tapped to make numbers disappear from display or put them back.

I tend to grab/rest my right hand on the gear shift a lot. First week, I kept accidentally hitting the manual buttons there and either locking out gears or making numbers disappear from dash. I kept fixing with paddle shifter cause it seriously took me a week to figure out there were buttons on gear shift. I had no clue they were there and I was hitting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll have to watch for that but even when you use the paddles the display will show an "M" and the number you are locked out at I thought.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine does the same and our Raptors appear to not be included in the scope of that recall.

Mine bland out and I have not touched the shift paddles. It does come back when I hit one of them though.

I think Ford will eventually extend the recall to include our trucks.