GEN 2 Seat cooling question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My seats in my '15 Navigator and '17 Raptor work the same. Feel it in seats first then feel in in seat back. Both work good and actually can get too cold....but I am not in AZ.

PyroRaptor413

Reaction score
Yea, same here, all good,

Me too. Both back and bottom cools. My Screw was delivered on 6.12 and built the last week of May.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

My seats in my '15 Navigator and '17 Raptor work the same. Feel it in seats first then feel in in seat back. Both work good and actually can get too cold....but I am not in AZ.

Exactly..don't put it on full and let it cool for awhile. In the beginning I thought the same thing, just the bottom worked. I use to crank it full blast and turn it off as soon as my balls felt it. One day took a 30 minute drive and didn't realize that I had it on low and after about 15 minutes felt the back start to cool.:big_banana_Dance:

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with the seat back not cooling. I ordered the fix from the link below. Hasn't shown up yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

http://seatguru.wixsite.com/fordseatfix/copy-of-tsb-installed-2

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Anybody else done the seat guru fix?

Hey man, any updates on this? I thought just the bottom of the seat was cooled, so it's nice to know that it's a known issue. I may call the dealer tomorrow, but the thought of them ripping out the seats and taking the covers off to install that sock thing scares me. If you find that kit works, please post your results. My 13 Raptor seats cooled really well...could feel it cooling through my shirt....but on the 17....nothing....barely cools at all.

bayarearaptornut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't received the kit yet, I emailed the gentleman who makes them, and he got back to me promptly replying that he had had a family matter that prevented him from focusing on his seat cooling hobby. He expected to be catching up by last week. Long and short, still no kit. I will post as soon as I get it, or when I give up on getting it.

bayarearaptornut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the kit.

I haven't received the kit yet, I emailed the gentleman who makes them, and he got back to me promptly replying that he had had a family matter that prevented him from focusing on his seat cooling hobby. He expected to be catching up by last week. Long and short, still no kit. I will post as soon as I get it, or when I give up on getting it.

They are definitely better with the kit. It's not a huge difference, but certainly noticeable. Cool product.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me tell you my sad tale. I live in a fairly hot summer climate, and used my seat coolers probably four months out of the year. After about three years of this I began to have trouble with my ******. ***** movements became noticeably less comfortable, and there was some occasional bright blood. I chalked it up to aging at first. Heck several systems are showing their age, so why not my butt too?

Well matters got to the point that I could no longer ignore them, and I went to the doctor. Once I had my pants down and was bent over, I heard him take a fast, deep breath. He said that he wanted me to get a colonoscopy right away, and scheduled one for me while I was still in his examination room.

A week later I had the colonoscopy, and two days after that I was back in the doctor's office. And he gave me the bad news. I have aggressive RVH (Rampant Viral Hemorrhoids). They are slowly growing upwards in my GI tract and left untreated, they will eventually reach my stomach, then my esophagus, and then my brain. At that point my ass will kill me.

I, of course, was stunned. "How could this possibly happen?" I asked.

"Do you have cooled seats in your car or truck?" he asked.

"Yes! It's a godsend in the summer," I replied.

"There," he said. "That's how you contracted RVH. There is a virus that likes to live in automobile cooling systems, just like how Legionnaire's Disease likes to live in hotel cooling systems. If you have cooled seats, the microscopic virus particles are blown through the fabric of the seats and your clothing into your ******."

The treatment is horrific. There is this bottlebrush looking thing on a flexible cable, and a treatment solution that with repeated applications with the bottlebrush will eventually kill the virus. If you live in northern Nevada and you hear a long drawn out scream of pain every other morning, that's me on the toilet.

Take it from me and my raw hinderparts, turn off your seat coolers and never use them again!

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Let me tell you my sad tale. I live in a fairly hot summer climate, and used my seat coolers probably four months out of the year. After about three years of this I began to have trouble with my ******. ***** movements became noticeably less comfortable, and there was some occasional bright blood. I chalked it up to aging at first. Heck several systems are showing their age, so why not my butt too?

Well matters got to the point that I could no longer ignore them, and I went to the doctor. Once I had my pants down and was bent over, I heard him take a fast, deep breath. He said that he wanted me to get a colonoscopy right away, and scheduled one for me while I was still in his examination room.

A week later I had the colonoscopy, and two days after that I was back in the doctor's office. And he gave me the bad news. I have aggressive RVH (Rampant Viral Hemorrhoids). They are slowly growing upwards in my GI tract and left untreated, they will eventually reach my stomach, then my esophagus, and then my brain. At that point my ass will kill me.

I, of course, was stunned. "How could this possibly happen?" I asked.

"Do you have cooled seats in your car or truck?" he asked.

"Yes! It's a godsend in the summer," I replied.

"There," he said. "That's how you contracted RVH. There is a virus that likes to live in automobile cooling systems, just like how Legionnaire's Disease likes to live in hotel cooling systems. If you have cooled seats, the microscopic virus particles are blown through the fabric of the seats and your clothing into your ******."

The treatment is horrific. There is this bottlebrush looking thing on a flexible cable, and a treatment solution that with repeated applications with the bottlebrush will eventually kill the virus. If you live in northern Nevada and you hear a long drawn out scream of pain every other morning, that's me on the toilet.

Take it from me and my raw hinderparts, turn off your seat coolers and never use them again!

Oh shit! You know there are filters for the cooled seats that need to be changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro