Replacing Cabin Filter SUCKS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone replace their cabin filter behind the glove box? I just tried. It is not an easy swap! pretty much you have to take apart the passenger side glove box area. lots of fasteners that will not undo without breaking, switches need to be undone, panels pulled apart to access screws. I have mine halfway apart, afraid to pull apart panels because fastener may break. Thinking I'm gonna have to take to dealer to finish. You would think that this being an off road truck they would make it simpler to replace or clean the cabin filter.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad. I have cars that are way worse than this. How many miles do you have and what conditions are you driving in that requires this to be changed already? I usually change this every 5 years :)

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad. I have cars that are way worse than this. How many miles do you have and what conditions are you driving in that requires this to be changed already? I usually change this every 5 years :)

That was my thought... didn't think about replacing this until it's time for a new set of Mud Terrains!

nofire

Reaction score
I replace mine after every weekend of hard offroading. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I do it's pretty filthy and they're cheap, so why not?

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually did mine and replaced the filter with a K&N. I thought it was very easy. Took me maybe 10 to 15 minutes to take everything apart and put back together. I didn’t break anything when I took it all apart. Just take your time and be gentle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get back to me on how much the job sucks when you have to clean one like this:

7946567.jpg

7946569.jpg

7946570.jpg

Happened in my old Tundra last Spring...mouse somehow got up inside the firewall and filter, built a nest from grass/insulation, had babies, and then got crushed by the filter. This all happened in 2.5-3 days while at my farm. Thank God I caught it fairly soon...it was already pretty ripe. But, another day or so I might have had to burn the truck and claim arson.

D

Deleted member 12951

Wow that sucks. Reminds me of my wife’s car that she uses several times a week, just sitting in our driveway

04bfaef8c2a01c533a5d70c193f4e109.jpg

Her cabin filter is a pain to replace. You have to remove the entire glovebox, about 9 screws and even then its a tight fit.