Rear seat back release - BuiltRight Industries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that there's already a thread for this product in the GenI section, but I wanted to make sure that the GenII crowd is aware of them as well... if you have a desire to be able to access the storage space (or the factory sub) behind the (driver's side) rear seat back in your GenII/F150, you owe it to yourself to check out the BuiltRight rear seat back release: F-150 Rear Seat Release — BuiltRight Industries

I picked one up a few weeks ago and finally got around to installing it on Saturday... it's a very slick piece. It's well designed, well manufactured, and, I feel, fairly priced. There are a number of homebrew solutions available to accomplish the same task, but none of them (that I've seen) offer the same level of fit and finish as does the BuiltRight product.

In short, two thumbs up for a well made, innovative product that enables us, as truck owners, to more easily use the entire vehicle as we choose to.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put mine in yesterday. Very well designed and nicer than the parachute cord solution I had done on my own.
Always nice to see good engineering being performed to correct even minor OEM issues.

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room behind the seat. So, don't really see the need in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even if you don't want to store anything back there, it's good for cleaning, getting to stuff that fell behind the seats etc. Since I rarely get back there, I just contort my hand and do it that way on my Gen 1.

OP
OP
B

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this for scab or screw?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Crew

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room behind the seat. So, don't really see the need in this.

If you don't have the factory sub, there's enough room back there for a rifle or short(er) barreled shotgun. That's reason enough for me, right there.

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crew

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

If you don't have the factory sub, there's enough room back there for a rifle or short(er) barreled shotgun. That's reason enough for me, right there.

That's true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk