GEN 2 Raptor Map light Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought some RED LED's for my front map lights. Has anyone figured out how to change the bulbs in the 2017 Raptors yet? It isn't obvious and I haven't been able to find a video on it anywhere.

jusdach

Reaction score
Unfortunately the map lights are soldered in from the factory and I'm told we won't be able to replace them. It's a shame since my 2012 FX4 interior looked great with 5000k cool white interior LEDs but I've been told I won't be able to get the same effect in my Gen 2.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Nick@Apollo-Optics

You have looked into the map lights yet?

It's our understanding that the only lights on the 2017 truck that are not LED are the rear license plate lights and the lights inside the vanity mirror. We've got the replacement lights for the license plate up on our site, but we have not yet figured out the bulb type for the vanity mirrors.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's our understanding that the only lights on the 2017 truck that are not LED are the rear license plate lights and the lights inside the vanity mirror. We've got the replacement lights for the license plate up on our site, but we have not yet figured out the bulb type for the vanity mirrors.

The vanity mirror lights are this style:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/4-X-Pure-Whit...r-LED-Light-/291082290343?txnId=1407717013019

I put them in myself and they fit perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jusdach

Reaction score

And if we wanted to replace the production interior LEDs for highel Kelvin and/or greater lumen output, would we be able to?