GEN 2 PRNDM console lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont think you have to do all that to reach the plug. I replaced my shift lever with the carbon one and plugged mine in through the shift boot.

Look for a thread on how to replace that. Its way easier and takes 2 min.

True, I had no idea what I was looking for or where it was though.

lifeline

Reaction score
Pulled mine apart and everything is plugged in. I looked under the PRND and there is no led strip of any sort to light up. Can whoever pulls theirs apart next that has functioning lights take a pic of the underside so I can determine if I am indeed missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled mine apart and everything is plugged in. I looked under the PRND and there is no led strip of any sort to light up. Can whoever pulls theirs apart next that has functioning lights take a pic of the underside so I can determine if I am indeed missing something?

As soon as I get to look at mine I’ll let you know. By chance do you have the tech pack and CF?

lifeline

Reaction score
As soon as I get to look at mine I’ll let you know. By chance do you have the tech pack and CF?

I have neither. I’m an 802a supercab. I have the normal ambient lighting everywhere else including cup holders but nothing for PRND.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have neither. I’m an 802a supercab. I have the normal ambient lighting everywhere else including cup holders but nothing for PRND.

I won’t be able to look until later this week. But I’ll definately let you know what I find.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took apart console today no lights or any strip beneath the PRNDM I have CF. b3c7869764c242bae7b7ff4a39435d0e.jpg

2018 802a

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, first post here, just joined the forum. My 2018 SCREW 802A / tech pkg does not light up the console PRNDM. I have not had the console apart yet (only had the truck 5 days) but it will be coming apart this weekend for a radio install.

Reading this thread let me see if I have this right.

So far no responders with 2018 802A have these lights, while one responder with 2017 802A has them.

Is that right? If so that seems unlikely to be a mistake, or if it is it is a long running one.

T!

(edit) I see that SilverBolt has an '18 802A that does have the lights. SilverBolt, do you have the tech package?

Last edited:

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, first post here, just joined the forum. My 2018 SCREW 802A / tech pkg does not light up the console PRNDM. I have not had the console apart yet (only had the truck 5 days) but it will be coming apart this weekend for a radio install.

Reading this thread let me see if I have this right.

So far no responders with 2018 802A have these lights, while one responder with 2017 802A has them.

Is that right? If so that seems unlikely to be a mistake, or if it is it is a long running one.

T!

(edit) I see that SilverBolt has an '18 802A that does have the lights. SilverBolt, do you have the tech package?

i have it in my '18, 802a, tech & carbon