Perimeter Security Upgrade with Interior Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doberer

Reaction score
Just an FYI...

The 801A package if you install the perimeter security addon PN# JS7Z-19A361-A I found out that it doesn't include the interior sensors (is somebody in your vehicle, is somebody reaching in your open window, etc)...this just senses if somebody is trying to open a door, bumped into your truck, chirps because it is warning them, alerts at towing your vehicle, etc. And I couldn't figure out how to get the alarm settings to show up on the instrument panel. Kinda bummed.

If you get PN# HL3Z-28519A58-JC (no moonroof version SCREW w/power rear window, check your part number for correct body style)...it goes into the existing location (remove your overhead console and replace, same plugs but INCLUDES the interior sensors-easy 2 minute job) ...and walah you are now prompted with alarm settings like the 802A models. you can disable the prompt and arm always by default as well when you turn off the ignition.

Forscan 720-02-02 *xxxx xxxx enable *IPC-New tab, multiple options here check your config if you don't have this enabled already.

Once you add the interior sensors the instrument panel alarm shows up properly.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI...

The 801A package if you install the perimeter security addon PN# JS7Z-19A361-A I found out that it doesn't include the interior sensors (is somebody in your vehicle, is somebody reaching in your open window, etc)...this just senses if somebody is trying to open a door, bumped into your truck, chirps because it is warning them, alerts at towing your vehicle, etc. And I couldn't figure out how to get the alarm settings to show up on the instrument panel. Kinda bummed.

If you get PN# HL3Z-28519A58-JC (no moonroof version SCREW w/power rear window, check your part number for correct body style)...it goes into the existing location (remove your overhead console and replace, same plugs but INCLUDES the interior sensors-easy 2 minute job) ...and walah you are now prompted with alarm settings like the 802A models. you can disable the prompt and arm always by default as well when you turn off the ignition.

Forscan 720-02-02 *xxxx xxxx enable *IPC-New tab, multiple options here check your config if you don't have this enabled already.

Once you add the interior sensors the instrument panel alarm shows up properly.

Hi - wondering if you can help. I've got a 2019 w/ 802A. I'm curious about the perimeter plus add on. I see that there are a number of different modules out there and some of them are for previous generations. There seems to be a wide range of prices of these units, and I'm wondering what is the least expensive module that would work with my truck to add the "shock sensor". Any idea?

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - wondering if you can help. I've got a 2019 w/ 802A. I'm curious about the perimeter plus add on. I see that there are a number of different modules out there and some of them are for previous generations. There seems to be a wide range of prices of these units, and I'm wondering what is the least expensive module that would work with my truck to add the "shock sensor". Any idea?

with 802a you should already have it

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a shock sensor you can add if you want. And a bracket to mount if you want . Not part of any package