Lane departure assistance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is good to hear, that you don’t expect your Raptor to behave like a Volvo.
Else we would have to pull your man card. :snoopfacepalm:
Lol

It's the new XC90. It's my wife's SUV mostly but I do drive it from time to time. It's really practical for the kids.

No need to pull the man card! I am a raptor guy all the way!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Lol

It's the new XC90. It's my wife's SUV mostly but I do drive it from time to time. It's really practical for the kids.

No need to pull the man card! I am a raptor guy all the way!
I just rode one of my bikes today and I think we’ll need to take a harder look at this.

This particular ovlov driver was turtling along in the left lane at the prius accepted, 52mph, double lane hwy posted 55. Until a minivan began to pass him in the right lane, whereupon he accelerated to 54 mph to stay abreast. it went on for mere minutes but seemed much, much longer.

Ugh. I know every marque has a contingent of drivers who are “that guy”.
still

:biggrin:

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so very much.

I just notice on the interstate I get the beeps and whistles but no feedback in the steering wheel... it may be I don't have it configured properly or that I am expecting something different.

The steering wheel won't actually vibrate until the indicators on the dash turn red, meaning the truck wasn't able to correct itself enough to bring you back into your lane.

I was playing with this last night on the drive home. In most instances the truck manages to bring you back into your lane. I think it only alerts(vibrates wheel) if you continue to drift into the other lane.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I wonder if the steering wheel shake is different if you only have warn configured? My “perception” at first was it was always getting in my face with the ‘warn’ on. but the steering wheel shake isn’t so prevalent with assist.

This would be consistent with your observations, I’m just curious.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you really want to test your steering wheel shake, change the mode to warn only or whatever the setting is without assist. Thats how mine was set from the factory (or perhaps the dealer changed it to be this way?), but mine was not assisting at all and my wheel would shake like crazy when I'd get close to, or over, the line. I thought my lane keep was broken and didnt work until I ventured into the setup screen and changed the settings to only assist. I didnt like the shaking at all, it felt like i was driving on the rumble strip on the side of a highway. Very annoying to me.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also thought perhaps my system wasn't working...

I had the dash settings set to warn & assist and high intensity....

Then I found the console switch to the rear of the shifter, which brings up the lane markers on the dash! The system works great!! Glad they put a quick switch to turn it on/off. I toggled the system off once back in the city traffic.

F150Feste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned my assist off as I didn't like it guiding me back into the lane I was trying to get out of (in the rain) and felt like it was borderline dangerous that way (for me) unless you use your turn signal, which I don't do much on the highway when no cars are near. Glad I found that switch to turn it all off as I am a Raptor Driver, not the other way around.