Lane departure assistance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys...

I have the tech package and I will get the little coffee cup alarm if I drift in the lane, but I get
No feedback on the steering wheel or anything.

My Volvo will practically drive itself on the highway and steer between the lines aggressively.

I just want to make sure my raptor isn't broken?

Thanks

Guy

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys...

I have the tech package and I will get the little coffee cup alarm if I drift in the lane, but I get
No feedback on the steering wheel or anything.

My Volvo will practically drive itself on the highway and steer between the lines aggressively.

I just want to make sure my raptor isn't broken?

Thanks

Guy
Go into the vehicle settings and you can choose a warning, avibration or steering assist.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve been trying this out with warn+assist and I thought I’d not like it, but so far it has acquitted itself really well.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...

So maybe I found something that isn't working on my truck...

So you guys get steering assist and vibration?

I have all that set and nothing happens.
I only get the mr coffee visual alert with the beep

Thanks

Guy

smurfslayer

Reaction score
There’s a minimum speed at which lane assist engages, then, on the dash outside the “roadway” display, are 2 arrows. They’re grey when it’s not engaged. They’re green when you colo(u)r inside the lines, yellow when you are straying close to the line, and red when you’re being chastened by Ford for using more of the roadway than you are entitled to.

There have to be visible cues for the truck to see and make a correction. So, if you’re plodding along at 30mph or so, probably nothing’s happening. get up to about 40, 45, 50 ( mph, not those silly km’s ) lane keeping will activate. It’s described in the manual.

There’s mode, sensitivity and alert intensity to adjust.
starting on about page 233.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a minimum speed at which lane assist engages, then, on the dash outside the “roadway” display, are 2 arrows. They’re grey when it’s not engaged. They’re green when you colo(u)r inside the lines, yellow when you are straying close to the line, and red when you’re being chastened by Ford for using more of the roadway than you are entitled to.

There have to be visible cues for the truck to see and make a correction. So, if you’re plodding along at 30mph or so, probably nothing’s happening. get up to about 40, 45, 50 ( mph, not those silly km’s ) lane keeping will activate. It’s described in the manual.

There’s mode, sensitivity and alert intensity to adjust.
starting on about page 233.
Thank you so very much.
I need to pull out the manual, read that section, then test it.

I just notice on the interstate I get the beeps and whistles but no feedback in the steering wheel... it may be I don't have it configured properly or that I am expecting something different.

Volvo's system literally will practically drive itself down the interstate. You can go hands free and it feels like you're driving on a train track, complete with going around gentle curves.

This system sounds like it doesn't work this way... which is ok.... I don't expect it to be a Volvo. I just need to make sure it works properly for what it is

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine absolutely drives itself for short periods, then prompts to put your hands back in the wheel of it doesn't detect any movement from you hands. Adaptive cruise control also brakes for you too.

Everything works great as expected. You just need to make sure your settings are all correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Reaction score
This system sounds like it doesn't work this way... which is ok.... I don't expect it to be a Volvo. I just need to make sure it works properly for what it is

that is good to hear, that you don’t expect your Raptor to behave like a Volvo.
Else we would have to pull your man card. :snoopfacepalm: