Iphone Mount Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxemus

Reaction score
Nice! What length did you end up getting? Also looks like you got both of their ball units. Do you mount an iPad or similar with the two ball configuration?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the small and place the built right in front of the cubby hole. I’m planning on using the other ball for a camera

bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That one is looking like the best option for me as well. Although I'm not sure I like the idea of that double sided tape on the vent. Although they say it doesn't leave residue, I can just see it leaving a nasty mark should it ever have to come off. Wonder if you really need to use the adhesive? Looks stable enough without it??

Let us know how you like (or dislike) it.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hands down the proclip mount is where it's at. Especially with the base that has the power cord inserted so you don't have to manually plug your phone into the cable every time you mount the phone. You don't really need the double sided tape either, you could get a piece of soft foam to tape to the bottom of the mount for something between the mount and the vent. This mount requires no screws to mount to the car and can be installed and removed in seconds. IMO it is also in the best possible spot in the truck.

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm a fan of it for sure...its a beast of a mount and very expensive but it will last so i'm fine with spending the extra cash.

miula

Reaction score
I combined the ProClip holder with the BuiltRight Industries Dash Mount and some RAM Mount arms and AMPS baseplates.

Decided to use the adjustable ProClip holder with USB cable so it connects to CarPlay or Waze when docked (routed the cable behind the dash and into the USB plug).

Love the flexibility of the setup and can't say enough good things about the BuiltRight dash mount and ProClip holder.

https://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-dash-mount-2015-ford-f-150

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/adjustable-iphone-charging-holder-with-usb-cigarette-lighter-plug

https://www.rammount.com

40793275430_8bbafac651_k.jpg

41699707935_7ed0fdcf35_k.jpg

41699709265_d41beac6be_z.jpg

41699710505_b52aecea22_z.jpg

41699710005_6283c4382e_z.jpg

42599472961_1147da8e7c_z.jpg

41699708855_a4047a57c2_k.jpg

41699708495_5c5b05942b_z.jpg

41699707075_802446a631_k.jpg

Last edited:

bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the ProClip mount. Didn't notice from the pics above until now, but why do they design it so that the back of the phone doesn't sit flush with the back of the mount? With all that extra space behind the phone, I could potentially see the snapping off the lightning connection by grabbing the phone or inadvertently pushing it backward. I assume no one has had an issue with this?

Attachments

• IMG_3094.jpg
    IMG_3094.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3097.jpg
    IMG_3097.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 133

miula

Reaction score
Just got the ProClip mount. Didn't notice from the pics above until now, but why do they design it so that the back of the phone doesn't sit flush with the back of the mount? With all that extra space behind the phone, I could potentially see the snapping off the lightning connection by grabbing the phone or inadvertently pushing it backward. I assume no one has had an issue with this?

I’ve been using the ProClip cradle with the built in lightning cable since the iPhone 6 where the space behind the phone allowed docking it with Apple Smart Battery Case installed, I assume the reason for the spacing is to accommodate different size cases???

Anyway, I’ve been using the iPhone 6 Plus holder for 3+ years with an iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7 Plus and now an iPhone X with thousands of docking and undocking and never had a problem with the lightning connector.

I did have to replace the cable in the ProClip on my wife’s SUV when one of her friends placed a smaller iPhone SE in the holder and pushed it so far backwards that the connector snapped off inside the phone but that is definitely incorrect use...

Last edited: