Iphone Mount Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have my iphone mounted on the vent thats on the right of the driver(left of the radio). I use carplay so that also helps in controlling the radio when i don't want to make the extra stretch(T-Rex Arms). One thing thats an issue in the summer though, is that the phone now covers the vent(A/C).

Looking for some options for mounting Iphone(i have the plus so its the bigger version). Anyone have some pics of their current mount(other than through it in the cup holder and be done with it).

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like this one.
Buy the magnetic mount kit, place the metallic sticker to your phone and then just place your phone onto the mount.

Mobnetic Pro 90 - Mob Armor

I've been running this for a couple years. Great option, until today...

Got a new iPhone X this week and of course bought the wireless charging kit. Won't charge with the metal tab stuck on phone or case. Looking for a new solution now.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running this for a couple years. Great option, until today...

Got a new iPhone X this week and of course bought the wireless charging kit. Won't charge with the metal tab stuck on phone or case. Looking for a new solution now.

Bummer.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

look here

https://www.rammount.com/products/x-grip/un10-purchase

sdorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have my iphone mounted on the vent thats on the right of the driver(left of the radio). I use carplay so that also helps in controlling the radio when i don't want to make the extra stretch(T-Rex Arms). One thing thats an issue in the summer though, is that the phone now covers the vent(A/C).

Looking for some options for mounting Iphone(i have the plus so its the bigger version). Anyone have some pics of their current mount(other than through it in the cup holder and be done with it).

I've used ProClip mounts for the last five years or so, covering five vehicles and five or six phones. Their system is a vehicle specific mount with a device specific holder, and it works amazingly well. I won't use anything else.

In the Raptor they have a couple of options, but the one I use and really like mounts the phone just above the air vent you mentioned so it is close to the radio, easy to plug in for carplay, perfect line of sight so you can see the phone without taking your eyes off the road and doesn't block the vent. It does get some cool air from the vent though, which makes it a great spot to keep the phone from overheating. Super easy to install as well.

https://www.proclipusa.com/

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check that out....thanks

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I use a kenu for my iphone on a vent

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LU5LWQK/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Video here, way cool watch the end for the fun stuff

https://youtu.be/9poX81iZ3nQ

i actually tried this as an option...this of course covers the entire vent since i have the bigger iPhone plus. trying to find something that doesn't cover the vent

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check that out....thanks

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

i actually tried this as an option...this of course covers the entire vent since i have the bigger iPhone plus. trying to find something that doesn't cover the vent

trying to find something that doesn't cover the vent

My iPhone runs hot when I run Waze over the USB to the Raptor and its displayed on the screen.

So I like some cool air over the phone. I also place it high up so only 1/4 of the air is stopped.

Fords vents are perfect for doing this as they are deep and thick, so its never coming off.

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the proclip...a little pricey for the entire setup but i like that it sits a little above the vent but not does not hook onto it. My problem was using the vent that my phone covered the vent but the biggest issue was that when i clipped it on it forced the air down because the phone is so heavy. I'll take some pics when it comes in.