Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]

iPhone mount on dash

This is a discussion on iPhone mount on dash within the Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Tried CarPlay but for me, bluetooth does all I need. The CarPlay us kind of sucks....

User Tag List

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Tried CarPlay but for me, bluetooth does all I need. The CarPlay us kind of sucks.

pjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Magnetic type have demagnetized my credit cards as well
marmot99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

WHIPPLICIOUS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

+1 for Mob Armor. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and was using one of those cheap magnetic ball type mounts. Something about the way the phone charges (even when plugged in) the metal disc on the back of the phone would get so hot that I was afraid it wss going to catch fire, additionally the glue on the disc would melt and the phone would fall off the mount. Broke one screen that way. The Raptor is no place to skimp with a shitty magnetic mount. They just won't hold up. Go Mob Armor or check your man card!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Toadster likes this.

Whipple 2.9L SC-FRP Blue/Dual Fan HEX/Ford Racing 6.2L Valve Covers-FRP Blue/Stainless Works Headers-Blackout Thermal Ceramic/Stainless Works Lightning Side Exhaust-Blackout Thermal Ceramic/170 Deg Thermostat/NGK Colder Plugs/Front Wavetrac Posi+8.8 Front Diff Bearing Kit/9.75 Rear Diff Upgrade/Ford Racing Vent Pod Electric Boost Guage/Livernois Dyno Tune/JLT Oil Separator/Mid Perch

Last edited by SHAI HULUD; 03-20-2017 at 08:57 PM.
SHAI HULUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Maybe this is a crazy idea, but why wouldn't you just plug your iPhone into the USB and run CarPlay on the main touch screen?
because WAZE kicks ass

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Originally Posted by SHAI HULUD View Post
+1 for Mob Armor. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and was using one of those cheap magnetic ball type mounts. Something about the way the phone charges (even when plugged in) the metal disc on the back of the phone would get so hot that I was afraid it wss going to catch fire, additionally the glue on the disc would melt and the phone would fall off the mount. Broke one screen that way. The Raptor is no place to skimp with a shitty magnetic mount. They just won't hold up. Go Mob Armor or check your man card!

Mob Armor MobNetic Magnetic Phone Mount

Magnetically attaches phone to mount
70 of tilt for optimal phone position
Many placement options for Mobnetic mount plates
Steel disc with 3M VHB adhesive to attach to dash
Do NOT use with Qi charging products/credit card phone cases

Toadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

WHIPPLICIOUS

[quote name="SHAI HULUD" post=1123625]+1 for Mob Armor. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and was using one of those cheap magnetic ball type mounts. Something about the way the phone charges (even when plugged in) the metal disc on the back of the phone would get so hot that I was afraid it wss going to catch fire, additionally the glue on the disc would melt and the phone would fall off the mount. Broke one screen that way. The Raptor is no place to skimp with a shitty magnetic mount. They just won't hold up. Go Mob Armor or check your man card!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/quote]

Mob Armor MobNetic Magnetic Phone Mount

Magnetically attaches phone to mount
70 of tilt for optimal phone position
Many placement options for Mobnetic mount plates
Steel disc with 3M VHB adhesive to attach to dash
Do NOT use with Qi charging products/credit card phone cases

I think you are misunderstanding how the Mob Armor Mobnetic mount works. With the mount you displayed in your original post, you actually have to physically attach the steel plate to your phone or case (trust me, I bought that same exact mount). With the Mob product there is nothing attached to the phone or case. The high power magnet and steel plate attaches to your dash and the mount itself sits about an inch and a half away via a rod and ball socket. Of course, there is no Qi charging with this mount but the charging port is easily accessed through the base of the cradle. Just trying to save someone else from making the same mistakes I made before going the Mob route. Wish I would have ponied up and done it right the first time...

The Macf and Toadster like this.

Whipple 2.9L SC-FRP Blue/Dual Fan HEX/Ford Racing 6.2L Valve Covers-FRP Blue/Stainless Works Headers-Blackout Thermal Ceramic/Stainless Works Lightning Side Exhaust-Blackout Thermal Ceramic/170 Deg Thermostat/NGK Colder Plugs/Front Wavetrac Posi+8.8 Front Diff Bearing Kit/9.75 Rear Diff Upgrade/Ford Racing Vent Pod Electric Boost Guage/Livernois Dyno Tune/JLT Oil Separator/Mid Perch

Last edited by SHAI HULUD; 03-21-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

+1 for Mob Armor
SWB001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by SWB001 View Post
+1 for Mob Armor

How does the phone stick to the mob armor mount? How does the mount attach to the car?

Toadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

A metal disc with 3M sticky sticks to dash. A thin one also sticks to back of phone. The mobnetic mount has magnet that keeps it on dash and also holds phone. There is an extra disc to mount in another vehicle and also an extra thin one for another phone. Check out their website.
Toadster likes this.
SWB001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

WHIPPLICIOUS

Sorry if I miss spoke, I do not have the mobnetic mount. I have the Mob Armor Switch which holds your phone via a cradle. The cradle is what holds the phone. The ball and socket attach to the vehicle dash via a heavy duty magnetic. Like @SWB001 said, check their website. Sorry for the crappy photos.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 530 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Get this ^^^

Close thread.

Mic drop.......
The Macf and SHAI HULUD like this.
2014RubyRed is offline   Reply With Quote