Instrument brightness issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my truck this evening and im stumped. I turned on the lights when I left the dealer. The instrument gauges were bright red needles. I have 801A. Then after some time the radio background went black and the gauges brightness went dim. I fixed the radio issue in the display setting. The dash brightness was adjusted all the way up and it look dim still? Is there a setting in the instrument cluster to fix this?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
It's just your truck going into night mode.... they are purposely made not to blind you with brightness so you're not distracted. I think the above things you've done is all there is to do. Mine is plenty bright for me. Maybe show a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks azholley, we have the same package 801A so that's good. I will try and get a pic. I understand the brightness issue they are trying to help with, but the instrument cluster was not even close to being right. It was gray and raining good when it changed over, definitely needed to have headlights on. It was not night time dark yet, but was not right. When did you get your truck?

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Azholley you should have fun with it out there. I lived in the valley on and off for 11 years. The last one imuad a four wheel drive truck, it was fun to go find new places.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes in the settings, it's set to Auto.

From memory you can set it to Auto, Day, or Night.

The other thing is you should be able to adjust screen brightness by the button to the lower left of the steering wheel. Once set it should stay. I leave mine at Auto and just offset brightness...only time I need to change it is if driving in really dark areas for longer periods of time.

I am going off of memory, only sat and adjusted one 17 Raptor but the controls were basically identical to the wife's 16' Platinum.

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned off the radio night time part. I like the bright background for the radio even at night. I did adjust the brightness to the left of the steering wheel, but not bright enough. I will go back into the instrument cluster and check things out again. I spoke to someone last night about his lariat, and he has the same thing. He might not know of the settings, he acted like he did not know of the options. I drove the truck last night when it was dark and the instrument cluster was ok. But would prefer it a little brighter. I do like the led headlights though, better then my 2012 halogens for sure. The Bright's are even better.