How well are the seats wearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
For those of you that have had your truck a few months how are the seats holding up? I remember that the seats in my Gen-1 after a few months looked like they had years worth of wear.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those of you that have had your truck a few months how are the seats holding up? I remember that the seats in my Gen-1 after a few months looked like they had years worth of wear.
I don't want to sound like a Gen2 fanboy, but these things really bug me. I agree I had the same problem with my gen1, but I have over 4k miles on the new truck and they look as good as new. I suspect it'll change over the summer we shall see.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a Gen2 fanboy, but these things really bug me. I agree I had the same problem with my gen1, but I have over 4k miles on the new truck and they look as good as new. I suspect it'll change over the summer we shall see.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I put 97k miles on my Gen1 and the seats looked as good as new. All depends on care and maintenance.......

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took very good care of my Gen 1 seats, still looked good at 100K miles, but these Jenny's appear to be holding up better than the originals.

OP
OP
SilverBolt

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
My Gen-1 seats at 20k miles didn't look good. I am not a big guy (170lbs) and used leather cleaner and conditioner regularly. I think is was the thin leather and the mesh inserts. It looked loose and heavily creased. The Gen-2 seats look to be a nice improvement. No mesh will be a big plus.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. If your short, use the running boards instead of sliding off the edge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT. I NEVER SLIDE INTO OR OUT OF MY TRUCK. Thats probably why my Gen 1 seats faired so well. Jenny gets the same treatment. Drives me crazy when people ride in my truck and slide out of it when they exit.