How to turn on interior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Easyrhino

Reaction score
Nub ?
How to I just turn on the interior backlight feature for the center console items i.e. A/C and hill decent etc...the only way I found success is to cover the damn sensor.
thanks

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nub ?

How to I just turn on the interior backlight feature for the center console items i.e. A/C and hill decent etc...the only way I found success is to cover the damn sensor.

thanks

Use the 1st position, “parking lights”. Is that what you need?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

Easyrhino

Reaction score
Even when I just select the parking light only option on the knob my back lit display remains off on center stack icons such as: hill decent and A/C etc. It seems as if the only way to do it is to hold my hand over the sensor.
Oh well - first world problem...
thanks

OP
OP
E

Easyrhino

Reaction score
your right it has a dial and dimmer buttons for dimming however, they do not bring up the center stack even at full dim.
This is my second raptor and I laugh at how trivial this topic is but it annoys me

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish the speed and tach area were brighter after you turn on your lights. Ford dims that stuff way to much on newer models. My 2012, I had to dim the brightness on the panel once I turned on the lights. Biggest complaint about the new truck. You can over ride the radio brightness on the new truck , just not the panel. Listen ford.

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even when I just select the parking light only option on the knob my back lit display remains off on center stack icons such as: hill decent and A/C etc. It seems as if the only way to do it is to hold my hand over the sensor.

Oh well - first world problem...

thanks

Hmmm. Well if they DO come on with the sensor covered, that kinda rules out that they’d be dimmed too much. Id still check the dimmer. I’d check the Lighting section settings as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk