Hi lift jack storage inside?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might fit behind the seats in a SCREW, bed mounts is probably easier though.

As for lift points I typically use a wheel lift then toss a stand under it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the bumper would support it? bad idea??? anyone have input? I'm thinking it would fit behind rear seat top portion. Have seen many Get 1 setups with the big floor jack in the back bed etc. I have not looked at the factory jack yet but I know from past wheeling adventures changing a tire in sand of mud etc is no fun best to be prepared.

OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I really like the jack looking into it and to see if I can stop it in cab; LOL money is tight right now just got the truck

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the bumper would support it? bad idea??? anyone have input? I'm thinking it would fit behind rear seat top portion. Have seen many Get 1 setups with the big floor jack in the back bed etc. I have not looked at the factory jack yet but I know from past wheeling adventures changing a tire in sand of mud etc is no fun best to be prepared.

Sure, it's good to be prepared. So, how will you use the hi-lift jack - what jacking points on the truck are you going to use?

And you'll want to be absolutely certain the jack is secured inside the cab. I can only imagine the devastation that jack would cause in an accident or rollover.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Hi-Lift jack can be used as a winch and as the jaws of life. While I agree that a hydraulic jack mounted to a skid is best to get the wheels off our our trucks, the Hi-Lift can be used in other ways that might be useful if your wheeling trip gets takes a turn for worse.

Here are some vids in case anyone is interested...

Winching:

Jaws of Life:

OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have not had time to search where to lift on the Raptor but I have a big bag of off road stuff (bubba rope/D rings/jack etc) to transfer into my new truck form my LX. And yes I know about the base; I carry pieces of wood around as a platform to use on sand etc I actually would use my sliders and they worked all the time. Now I am a bit hesitant to use the running boards of the raptor LOL. I just install the built right seat latch thing and will check out storage options this weekend behind both seats. Any one have other jack ideas?? bottle jacks???

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have not had time to search where to lift on the Raptor but I have a big bag of off road stuff (bubba rope/D rings/jack etc) to transfer into my new truck form my LX. And yes I know about the base; I carry pieces of wood around as a platform to use on sand etc I actually would use my sliders and they worked all the time. Now I am a bit hesitant to use the running boards of the raptor LOL. I just install the built right seat latch thing and will check out storage options this weekend behind both seats. Any one have other jack ideas?? bottle jacks???

For offroad, my setup is to use a Harbor Freight 2 ton floor jack with a C4 Fabworks jack spacer attached to a DMZ Skid Plate. This setup gives enough throw to lift from just about anywhere on the frame and under the axles. I built a modest chase rack to mount it while wheeling.

26.jpg

That setup has worked really well for me in all my trips so far. It isn't quite as easy as throwing a Hi-Lift in the back of your truck, but I think for the type of trouble we will usually see offroad with our trucks, it is a more suitable tool.

That said I also own a Hi-Lift, I created a mount for the Hi-Lift and bolted it to the rear two bed bolts. The proper way to lift the raptor with the Hi-Lift is to use the wheel mate adapter (at least I think this is the safest if you are dead set on using the Hi-Lift jack for your main jack). YMMV depending on the wheels you have since the holes in some wheels don't offer enough space to get the hooks in.

91n1Leqg61L._SL1500_.jpg

I have also raised the truck using the Hi-Lift jack by placing it under the tow hooks. I have done it in both the front and rear. This is more precarious and I wouldn't endorse this approach to anyone. Alas, I have done it, and it worked (without bending the tow hook). A drawback about taking that approach is that if you need to get a wheel off, you really have to jack it up high to accommodate the raptors huge suspension.

6.jpg

Lastly, do not use the Hi-Lift (or any jack for that matter) on your running boards. They are not a structural part of your truck and they will most likely bend.

I hope this helps, good luck!
bigrig

Last edited: