Gun mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spoonfeed me please. No? Let me try again- I said SPOONFEED ME! Hmm, still isn't working. Must just be a bunch of ******** around here.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey all

So generally I have an LC9 in all my vehicles and I’ve used these clip on gun holsters that fit under the steering Colum but they don’t fit in the raptor. I need good ideas for an easy drivers side mount for a handgun.
!

What is there?

Presumably, you want this in a ready to use condition. I’m going to ask a serious question here and mean no offense by it

Have you practiced vehicle engagements with a handgun, particularly under a training / and or timed condition? Hopefully, not a live engagement for real, but the question stands.

I have, and done so more than a few times. These ‘under steering wheel’ mount solutions present a real risk of holing yourself. There is a very limited motion that is deliberate and slow that extricates a handgun from an under steering column mount safely, without covering yourself. Seriously - how long to draw the gun, index it away from your body parts - all of them, keep it indexed away from yourself while implementing rule number 1 and bringing the gun up to a target?

It’s not brilliant.

If it’s not holstered on your 9/3 o’clock, then you should take a hard look at other options.

For a ready to use condition, I’ve seen someone on here who posted a velcro mounted holster on the lower area of the “center console” and that could possibly be replicated on the door if needed.

In either of those approximate conditions you can draw, index, guide the muzzle around and over the steering wheel as needed. If you’re under the steering wheel, it’s much easier to put additional holes in yourself. keep in mind, if it’s easily accessible, it’s probably visible and that could present an issue in law enforcement encounters. it also would identify the vehicle as owned by a gun owner, and possibly having a gun inside making it a potential theft target.

I’m fortunate that I’ve not needed to engage a target from a vehicle in anything worse than training and match conditions. In probably 40-45 such runs I’ve not holed myself or the vehicle but 2 of the cars used had quite a few indicators of previous users who shot the car.

OP
OP
mmacfn

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yah why the **** ask a question right? Shit if you search and don’t find what you are looking for well **** just keep searching and never post a questions or give the **** up right?!

Suck it up buttercup. If you don’t wanna read don’t. That’s your ONLy right on a forum. It isn’t a safe space.

Spoonfeed me please. No? Let me try again- I said SPOONFEED ME! Hmm, still isn't working. Must just be a bunch of ******** around here.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

@smurfslayer

Thank you so much for the response. I had never considered that and have not taken any classes with vehicle gun use! Wonder if front sight has any?

In any case, is there one you particularly like? I don’t generally want one that is inside the center console. As I’ve told the others I did the search and didn’t really like a lot of the options. I’m open to learn if there are better ones!

Presumably, you want this in a ready to use condition. I’m going to ask a serious question here and mean no offense by it

Have you practiced vehicle engagements with a handgun, particularly under a training / and or timed condition? Hopefully, not a live engagement for real, but the question stands.

I have, and done so more than a few times. These ‘under steering wheel’ mount solutions present a real risk of holing yourself. There is a very limited motion that is deliberate and slow that extricates a handgun from an under steering column mount safely, without covering yourself. Seriously - how long to draw the gun, index it away from your body parts - all of them, keep it indexed away from yourself while implementing rule number 1 and bringing the gun up to a target?

It’s not brilliant.

If it’s not holstered on your 9/3 o’clock, then you should take a hard look at other options.

For a ready to use condition, I’ve seen someone on here who posted a velcro mounted holster on the lower area of the “center console” and that could possibly be replicated on the door if needed.

In either of those approximate conditions you can draw, index, guide the muzzle around and over the steering wheel as needed. If you’re under the steering wheel, it’s much easier to put additional holes in yourself. keep in mind, if it’s easily accessible, it’s probably visible and that could present an issue in law enforcement encounters. it also would identify the vehicle as owned by a gun owner, and possibly having a gun inside making it a potential theft target.

I’m fortunate that I’ve not needed to engage a target from a vehicle in anything worse than training and match conditions. In probably 40-45 such runs I’ve not holed myself or the vehicle but 2 of the cars used had quite a few indicators of previous users who shot the car.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
i would just get a kydex, open top belt type holster, remove the belt attachment points and use industrial velcro to attach to either the outside of the center console - there’s a lip or tray at the bottom the center console that offers a few possible mount points - still reachable, and not -as- visible. The door could also be used. You could drill the trim pieces, but velcro will let you try different options before you commit to a screw mount or something more permanent. The magnets might also work, but I do not prefer a gun that will easily come ‘loose’ or that has an uncovered trigger guard.

once you have an idea what will work for you, disassemble the gun and either use only the frame or possibly frame and slide minus the barrel (so you can practice with the holster) and practice how you plan to draw with no ammo around you anywhere. Do this very, very slowly and very deliberately. If it’s from a worn holster, I use both hands to get the seatbelt, disconnect it and guide it out of the way of my draw. Your fine motor skills are compromised under stress so don’t assume you can either draw from a worn holster with the seat belt engaged or that you can just easily disengage it. 2 hands, slowly, deliberately and safely.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

apply the same methodology in gripping, de-holstering, indexing and putting on target a non body mounted gun.

Good luck.

Northlight

Reaction score
Inside the Center Console

Here's my setup inside the console of my '18.

Blackhawk Serpa holster...mounted to the center console with 3M Dual Lock.

This is the industrial stuff that really just won't let go!

The Serpa holster I have will fit most of the Sig P-series pistols.....Blackhawk makes one for the gun you have too, I'll bet.

Northlight

Attachments

• IMG_6095.jpg
    IMG_6095.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_6096.jpg
    IMG_6096.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6097.jpg
    IMG_6097.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6098.jpg
    IMG_6098.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
mmacfn

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect!

@smurfslayer what do you think of this one?

Here's my setup inside the console of my '18.

Blackhawk Serpa holster...mounted to the center console with 3M Dual Lock.

This is the industrial stuff that really just won't let go!

The Serpa holster I have will fit most of the Sig P-series pistols.....Blackhawk makes one for the gun you have too, I'll bet.

Northlight

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been kicking around a magnet holster like the QCC so that I can have it next to the steering column. Getting into the gen 2 center console is awkward at best, at least for me.