Glitchy ventilated seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I auto start via app or key fob the passenger ventilated seat turns on and shuts off when I press the engine start button to engage in normal operation. I’ve checked the setting in the dash and it is set to last. I made sure all ventilated seats were off prior to shutting off the truck. It’s really strange because it only happens to the passenger seat. If I put it automatic mode both seats currently turn on given its in the 80s.
Any thoughts out there?
I’m bringing it into the dealer tomorrow. Hopelly they are able to reflash a program or something.

Thanks!

***correction - passenger seat still turns on even when "front wheel and seat" is set to off

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
if you auto start, the truck will try to cool or heat to the desired temp, including the automatic usage of heated/cooled seats. However, as soon as you hit the start button, the seats shut off. It’s a #firstworldproblem.

Earlier in the week, it was hot and humid as heck - hey, but at least it was a wet heat, right? I remote started the Rap, thinking to myself - “self? what would the peasants do with their hot priuses ????” and then I quickly moved on to more substantial concerns like what the Kardashians were doing. anyway, I drove a few minutes and thought, gee, wasn’t it cooler when I got in?

sure enough, I forgot to activate the cooled seats. Were I to have the misfortune of this oversight with my wife in the truck, I wouldn’t have made it out of the driveway before being scolded for my inattentiveness.

It sounds like the truck is doing what it’s programmed to.

OP
OP
salts001

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you auto start, the truck will try to cool or heat to the desired temp, including the automatic usage of heated/cooled seats. However, as soon as you hit the start button, the seats shut off. It’s a #firstworldproblem.

Earlier in the week, it was hot and humid as heck - hey, but at least it was a wet heat, right? I remote started the Rap, thinking to myself - “self? what would the peasants do with their hot priuses ????” and then I quickly moved on to more substantial concerns like what the Kardashians were doing. anyway, I drove a few minutes and thought, gee, wasn’t it cooler when I got in?

sure enough, I forgot to activate the cooled seats. Were I to have the misfortune of this oversight with my wife in the truck, I wouldn’t have made it out of the driveway before being scolded for my inattentiveness.

It sounds like the truck is doing what it’s programmed to.

The ventilated seats is always turning when remote starting even if the last setting was set to off. This only happens to the passenger seat not the driver. Clearly something is not working properly.
But thank you for the possitive feedback, let’s keep it coming.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
aha. I missed the part about the seats behaving differently.

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ventilated seats is always turning when remote starting even if the last setting was set to off. This only happens to the passenger seat not the driver. Clearly something is not working properly.
But thank you for the possitive feedback, let’s keep it coming.

Mine does the same thing, but it is the drivers seat that turns on.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, but it is the drivers seat that turns on.

Same here...it stays on after a remote start at the highest level. Doesn't really bother me, except the highest level is noisy.

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As long as it is hot my drivers seat cooling will stay on after I hit the start button. And if it is cold my drivers seat heater (and wheel) will come on with remote start, and stay on until I turn them off.

If the passengers seat was on the last time I turned off the truck then it will also revert to its last setting.

T!

JD06

Reaction score
Anyone finding that more cooling is going to the backrest the seat area itself with the 2018's? That is what I'm finding, it was not that way with the 2017.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone finding that more cooling is going to the backrest the seat area itself with the 2018's? That is what I'm finding, it was not that way with the 2017.

In my 2018, it seems to change over time. Sometimes, I will feel it more in the seat, sometimes more in the back, and it will migrate even during the same trip. Overall, it has gotten weaker as I've owned the truck. I don't know if it's how I'm sitting or what.