Gen 2 setup for dogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rear seats up but I also have an Orvis Microfiber Car Hammock Seat Protector that I clip to the rear head rests and let it cover the seats so less hair gets on the underside of the folded up seats. I do not make a hammock out of it and do not clip the other side to the front seat headrests. It also helps by almost sucking the flying hair to it so less hair gets all over the cab. Since its microfiber the hair doesnt get stuck in the fibers and its easily shaken out or vacuumed off.

g0pUsjC.jpg

On some longer trips Ill put down the seats and let her sit in them with the heated seats going because well, Im a crazy dog person. The Orvis protector will protect the seats that way as well.

6bPugH3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha. That's awesome.

My nutcase doesn't like to sit on the seat, he prefers a flat area. And he doesn't like beds or pillows, prefers hard floor.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
hey, the truck is only big enough for one knucklehead, right?

for the past 3 dogs, my wife has “sold me out” and invited them on to the furniture. Although no real damage has resulted, all of these Goldens were impolite space hogs, and especially so on the water bed. I mean, how much space can a 65 pound golden retriever take up... quite a lot actually and she was a selfish bitch too, many times during the night trying push us off the bed to have it all for herself! alas, she’s no longer with us, but Henry Tudor did not like furniture when he came to us and I’ve kept him off it. Yup, he likes the seats up on the back of the Raptor too and gives us the stink eye if we don’t lift both seats. I’ve also found he seems to be a better traveler in the Raptor than previous cars. Now, I’m not sure how he’ll react to having to share the back with another canine or human but so far so good.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey, the truck is only big enough for one knucklehead, right?

for the past 3 dogs, my wife has “sold me out” and invited them on to the furniture. Although no real damage has resulted, all of these Goldens were impolite space hogs, and especially so on the water bed. I mean, how much space can a 65 pound golden retriever take up... quite a lot actually and she was a selfish bitch too, many times during the night trying push us off the bed to have it all for herself! alas, she’s no longer with us, but Henry Tudor did not like furniture when he came to us and I’ve kept him off it. Yup, he likes the seats up on the back of the Raptor too and gives us the stink eye if we don’t lift both seats. I’ve also found he seems to be a better traveler in the Raptor than previous cars. Now, I’m not sure how he’ll react to having to share the back with another canine or human but so far so good.

You are exactly right! My golden takes up all the room and pushes us off too! Literally goes on his back, spreads out and acts like we are cramping him.

We have a second one too. This is Maya (my girlfriend's dog) and she's a Bouvier.

hTG7OsEnXFB9LdW8PvpaayfzMM_yFhQ8Gdvkg=w834-h625-no.jpg

Q75CFweyfHYfdLKItsBcMAHrbWSRcUxcu7Z5U=w469-h625-no.jpg